Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Idol' fans furious over Dyanne's ending as they slam Hollywood for making 'false promises' to talented artists: 'Just another victim'

2023-07-03 13:25
'The Idol' viewers liken Dyanne's ending to how artists suffer in the industry, as one fan said, 'Hollywood is evil Dyanne is just another victim'
'The Idol' fans furious over Dyanne's ending as they slam Hollywood for making 'false promises' to talented artists: 'Just another victim'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Blackpink' singer Jennie Kim's character Dyanne did not appear for a long time on the screen. Instead, her scene was cut short in the finale by showing an end to her career. But, is the end of Dyanne's career a reflection of how Hollywood works? Do talented artists get played easily in the entertainment industry?

Dyanne realized in 'The Idol' Season 1's finale that her friend Jocelyn was not so friendly towards her. In order to engrave her in the industry and win the tour, Jocelyn played with Dyanne's career. With the help of record label executive, Nikki Katz, Jocelyn holds the release of Dyanne's songs in order to let no one come in between of her fame. Seeing the politics, fans wonder whether getting played in the entertainment industry is such an easy thing.

Was Dyanne's song release put on hold to promote Jocelyn's fame?

In the finale episode of 'The Idol', we saw Nikki sugarcoating the devastating information by praising Dyanne. She says, "Dyanne, I have to tell you here at Magistrate Records, we are so proud of all your hard work and you continue to amaze us." Dyanne who did not think there was bad news ahead thanked Nikki. However, the record label executive added, "But there's been a bit of hiccup, one of the writers, this guy, there's a legal problem." Trying to understand the situation Dyanne asks, "What do you mean?" Nikki replies, "We're going to have to hold the release of the song." In return, Dyanne said, "But you said I have a full team of legal support."

Consoling Dyanne, Nikki seems to show fake concern saying they want the issue to be resolved as well. Nikki further suggested Dyanne try writing her own song in the meantime. However, this did not seem the right option for Dyanne. She then walked Dyanne out of the room towards the lift, saying, "We will reach out and I will see you soon." Standing in the life, Dyanne said, "It was Jocelyn, wasn't it?" It felt as if Jocelyn was the one who ruled out Dyanne from her in order to bag all the fame.

'Hollywood is evil Dyanne is just another victim'

Seeing Dyanne get played, "A tragedy, my girl deserved better Hollywood is evil Dyanne is just another victim." A fan tweeted, "LEIA AND DYANNE DESERVED BETTER." "Dyanne's ending being an example that no matter how talented you are, in this industry there are only false promises," tweeted another concerned fan. Furthermore, one wrote, "Not only it’s degrading woman in general but also putting the #MeToo movement like a f*****g Hollywood lied." Another concerned viewer said, "How Jennie made me cry for Dyanne even though she was trying to take that girls career?....i was legit hurt...her sad face broke my heart."

'The Idol' Season 1 is available on HBO to stream.