Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nene Leakes throws shade at 'RHOA' as 'otha flop show', Internet throws it right back at her

2023-05-13 11:47
In her latest throwback post featuring the cast of 'College Hill', Nene Leakes throws shade at the 'otha flop show' that is 'RHOA'
Nene Leakes throws shade at 'RHOA' as 'otha flop show', Internet throws it right back at her

If you're a fan of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta', then you already know that Nene Leakes, one of the show's original cast members, has long been gone from the series. It's been a rollercoaster ride of rumors and speculation surrounding her departure from the show, but the truth is finally out there. In September of last year, Nene Leakes announced in a YouTube video that she had made the tough decision to leave the 'RHOA' cast.

But that wasn't the end of the story. Since then, Nene has been taking some jabs at her former show in various ways. Recently, she shared a throwback picture on Instagram with the cast of 'College Hill'. While the picture itself was a fun and nostalgic moment, it was her caption that caught everyone's attention. In typical Nene fashion, she managed to throw some subtle shade at 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta', while also paying tribute to her 'College Hill' family.

RELATED ARTICLES

'Just a trend': 'RHOA' star NeNe Leakes quashes rumors about son Brentt's sexuality, says 'he isn't gay'

‘RHOA’ star NeNe Leakes’ son Brentt comes out as gay, elated fans say ‘we already figured’

'That otha flop show'

Nene has never been one to hold back when it comes to speaking her mind, and her recent social media activity is no exception. The former 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' star took to Facebook to share some throwback photos from her time on 'College Hill'. The show followed the lives of students at various historically black colleges and universities, and Nene was a part of the cast during the show's third season. In the photos that Nene shared, she can be seen wearing a graduation robe alongside her 'College Hill' castmates. The group looks happy and carefree, with big smiles on their faces as they celebrate their graduation. But it was Nene's caption that stood out.

"Babbbyyyy it's graduation season! Shoutout to all the GRADUATES!!" Nene wrote. "Remembering my time on #CollegeHill today! The show wasn’t calculated like that Otha flop show. The cast seemed really like a family with funshade & big laughs. I miss my people!" By referring to 'RHOA' as the "Otha flop show," Nene was clearly taking a jab at her former series.

'Humble yourself dear'

As expected, Nene's Facebook post got people talking, and many of the comments were critical of her. Fans of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' were quick to call her out on her subtle dig at the show. "I don’t have a lot of respect for Nene," wrote one commenter. "She’s thirsty and she thinks she has more clout than she does. I am so over her". Another person chimed in, "Girl I had no idea who you were until I started watching that flopped show." Some commenters pointed out that Nene hasn't been a part of the 'RHOA' cast for several years now, and wondered why she still feels the need to talk about it.

"She hasn’t been on the show in 3 yrs but still talking about it," wrote one person, while another added, "She really miss home." Others acknowledged that they used to be fans of Nene, but are now turned off by her bitterness. "I liked her in the show, but she is and always will be bitter AF," said one commenter. "She only has herself to blame." Another person added, "I like Nene but I need her to stop sucking lemons and move on. She had no reason to allude to RHOA in this post. It’s giving bitter butt hurt vibes. Enjoy your couple months of college on air and your certificate and skip on to your next venture."

Why did Nene Leakes leave the show?

'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' has seen its fair share of drama over the years, but perhaps the biggest shock of all came when NeNe announced her departure from the show. In a September 2020 YouTube video, the reality star revealed that she had made the "hard and difficult decision" to not be a part of the Season 13 cast. For months leading up to the announcement, there had been rumors that NeNe was considering leaving the show. However, fans were still taken aback when the news was finally confirmed.

NeNe hinted that contract negotiations might have played a role in her decision, describing the process as an exhaustive one. In the emotional video, NeNe addressed the camera directly and opened up about the difficult decision she had made. "I have been on an extremely, extremely long, exhausting, tiring, emotional negotiation," she said, adding, "There has been a lot of emotion flying from both sides. It has been hard. And I have made the very hard and difficult decision to not be a part of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta', Season 13. It wasn’t an easy decision for me. It was hard."

Tags news epcelebs