Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan discusses 'how valuable sleep is' with fitness educator on 'JRE' podcast: 'Markers are f**king astonishing'

2023-10-21 20:28
Joe Rogan and fitness educator Derek emphasized the importance of adequate sleep for human health
Joe Rogan discusses 'how valuable sleep is' with fitness educator on 'JRE' podcast: 'Markers are f**king astonishing'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan, widely known for his 'The Joe Rogan Experience' podcast and for discussing a variety of topics, emphasized the need for adequate sleep for human health.

During the podcast, Rogan invited fitness educator, Derek of the self-improvement channel 'More Plates More Dates', where they discussed the benefits of sleep.

Joe Rogan compares sleep to performance-enhancing drug

During the episode, while discussing sleep, Rogan said, “People know how valuable sleep is now, it’s literally like a performance-enhancing drug."

He went on to say, "People that sleep for four hours a day versus people that sleep eight hours a day, the markers are f**king astonishing."

He described how having slept for just five hours the night before the podcast was recorded, his mind felt like it was about to blow up.

“If I needed to do something where I had to be at my f**king very best. I would make sure I got a lot of sleep and didn’t work out that day,” Rogan added.

Derek agreed with Rogan and said, "Back in the day, from an entrepreneurial side of things, people would always advocate for 'sleep when you are dead', stuff like that was popularized, maybe accidentally."

He further added, "Now you know how deleterious it is to, like everything, including your actual efficiency when you are awake."

Rogan suggested that getting more sleep was the best way to achieve his goals of feeling better, physically and mentally, and being more productive.

Rogan and the fitness educator talked about the significance of getting enough sleep for a healthy physique and added that it increases efficiency, which is beneficial for individuals who want to become bodybuilders in particular.

Joe Rogan reveals the secret of his youthful looks

The 56-year-old UFC commentator is a major contributor to the mixed martial arts industry and maintains a toned, age-defying figure.

A video clip from Joe Rogan's appearance was posted on YouTube during which he was questioned about his complete routine and how he stays so lively at this age in the video. Despite his openness about using performance-enhancing drugs, Rogan responded quickly and succinctly.

Joe Rogan said, "The big results come from testosterone replacement and then there’s peptides that increase your body’s ability to grow hormones. What these things do is they help your body produce the hormones that it should have when you’re younger and your body works better."

But he goes on to say that relying just on performance-enhancing drugs is never going to be enough. It is imperative to see the body as a temple and to put forth physical effort as well.

Study reveals insufficient sleep can cause mood swings

Adequate sleep is crucial for muscle growth and resupply of muscle glycogen. Bodybuilders should consume a balanced diet of carbohydrates and protein an hour before bedtime to raise HGH levels, according to a study.

Insufficient sleep can cause mood swings and decreased energy, impacting performance. Sleeping for 8.5 hours or more can help reduce muscle mass, making it just as important for young bodybuilders as training and a well-balanced diet.

Tags news