Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Jeopardy!' fans suggest show resort to reruns instead of recycling old clues amid WGA Strike

2023-07-25 17:58
As the current season of 'Jeopardy!' is almost at an end, it was reported that old clues would be used due to the WGA strike
'Jeopardy!' fans suggest show resort to reruns instead of recycling old clues amid WGA Strike

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Jeopardy!' seems to be in free-fall as it nears the end of its current season, which will also mark the exhaustion of any originally written content by their writers. Since the WGA Strike began, work on their upcoming episodes has remained stagnant until it was found that they had decided to recycle their existing bag of clues from the past seasons.

Although the news promises new 'Jeopardy!' episodes, it has failed to excite most fans as they came forward with their many complaints about the same. Many of them took to Reddit to discuss their woes and what could be a solution to this whole problem.

What has 'Jeopardy!' planned for the next few months?

The game show recently announced its schedule for the summer with weeks of reruns from older seasons. This will include both regular season episodes and other seasons, including 'Tournament of Champions' and 'Jeopardy Masters'.

Although there has not been an official announcement yet, many former champs have announced that they will not be returning to 'Jeopardy!' until the WGA strike ends which has made viewers aware that the producers had already commenced working on new episodes, including the scheduled 'TOC'. Former champ Ray Lalonde also revealed that the producers were recycling clues from previous seasons.

Fans ask for more reruns instead of new episodes

Fans have requested 'Jeopardy!' to air more reruns instead of newer episodes with recycled content and Alex Trebek on stage without any major champs from this season. A fan wrote on a Reddit thread, "I would much rather them do reruns than new shows with old clues, especially with the existence of j-archive. Old clues being used means that prospective players can literally just memorize clues and work from that." Another wrote, "I love the idea of re-airing Ken's run in chronological order! I'd watch for sure." A third wrote, "Jennings’ regular season run is already enough for 15 weeks’ worth of fillers (74 wins + loss), plus a fix of Alex Trebek for all who miss him still."

Others said that recycling clues may not be too different from preparing for the show generally. "I don't really foresee the competitive issues that so many people seem worried about. The kind of uber-nerds who are devoting thousands of hours to memorizing reoccurring clues are also generally the same people who stay up to date on the news, memorize the Billboard charts, and can recite all of the sporting champs/MVPs/record breakers," one user wrote. Another one penned, "If you can actually memorize even 10 years of old clues, you are probably going to win Jeopardy anyway - almost every fact that will come up on an episode of "newly" written clues will have already been asked in a very similar way on a past episode." A fan proposed, "There seems to be support for re-airing Ken Jennings’ run. I didn’t see it and I would love to! Could we start a petition or something??"