Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Real' Selena Gomez hailed as 'one of us' for epic reaction to Chris Brown nomination at VMA

2023-09-14 04:29
When Chris Brown's name was read out, Selena Gomez wrinkled her nose in clear displeasure over his recognition
'Real' Selena Gomez hailed as 'one of us' for epic reaction to Chris Brown nomination at VMA

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Selena Gomez is being hailed as 'one of us' after she showed her disdain for controversial popstar Chris Brown on Tuesday night when she was seen pulling a face as his name was announced during the 2023 MTV Video Music Award ceremony.

The 31-year-old singer and actress — who won the Best Afrobeats award with Rema — made a disgusted expression as the 34-year-old 'R&B' star’s name was mentioned among the nominees.

What was Chris Brown nominated for?

Brown was up for Best 'R&B' for his appearance on Chloe Bailey’s song 'How Does It Feel'.

However, when his name was read out, Gomez wrinkled her nose in clear displeasure over his recognition.

Gomez has not explained why she looked so disgusted when Brown was nominated, but she is not the first one to speak out against him.

He has a history of violence like when he beat up his girlfriend Rihanna in 2009, Daily Mail noted.

How did Selena Gomez react after her expressions for Chris Brown went viral?

Even as the reactions were hailed with some stating it was "so funny."

The pop star took to social media to slam those who made jokes about her reaction.

"I will never be a meme again," wrote Gomez on her Instagram Stories. "I'd rather sit still than be dragged for being myself. Much love."

Gomez showed how much he disliked Brown’s nomination with his cold reaction, just a few weeks after fans criticized singer Ciara for collaborating with him on her new song 'How We Roll.'

Ciara faced a backlash from her followers who criticized her for collaborating with the ‘toxic’ singer who had a history of violence.

How did people react to Selena Gomez's face pulling at Chris Brown's nomination?

Internet hailed her for representing "all of us." With some suggesting that "she is so real."

A few other users wrote, "She is one of us," seconded by others who said quote "literally." Others hailed her and expressed their love for the "queen."

One of the users wrote, "[I] love her for that," another one said, "She did what she had to do."

One more noted, "She’s so real for this," with another adding, "At least she’s honest."

Tags news epcelebs