Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Daniel Radcliffe star in the 'Harry Potter' TV series? Actor finally breaks silence on possible comeback in reboot

2023-07-05 13:47
Daniel Radcliffe ended his journey of playing the 'boy who lived' with the film 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2'
Will Daniel Radcliffe star in the 'Harry Potter' TV series? Actor finally breaks silence on possible comeback in reboot

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Right now, the 'Harry Potter' franchise reboot is one of Warner Bros' biggest priorities, which the studio announced during a press and investors presentation on April 12. During the event, it announced the plans to adapt each of JK Rowling's 'Harry Potter' novels into a separate season for television. The show will be released on the OTT platform Max (formerly known as HBO Max), and Rowling is expected to come in as an executive producer beside Neil Blair and Ruth Kenley-Letts.

Warner Bros have held all their cards close and is still working on the details about the stars who will play the iconic leads in the TV series. But the "boy who lived," played by Daniel Radcliffe in the movie series, might not be up for returning in the role. The 33-year-old star recently revealed that he is "not seeking out" the titular role in any way in the TV adaptation of Rowling's novels. The actor etched his name in the world of films when he got the opportunity to play the role in 2001.

Daniel Radcliffe is not set to return for the TV adaptation

Also Read: Will Joe Rogan return to host UFC 290? Announcers line-up revealed for July 8 PPV, Internet says 'they all suck'

Radcliffe ended his journey with the 'Harry Potter' franchise back in 2011 with 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2', the finale of the movie series. Fans across the globe have been hoping and waiting to catch a glimpse of Radcliffe as Harry again, and the announcement of the TV adaption did give birth to some rumors, but they were short-lived. The anticipation of him returning as the titular character was finally put to the curb when Radcliffe assured that he's not seeking out the Harry Potter role in the upcoming TV adaption by Warner Bros and believes that the studio will do a terrific job with the new cast while speaking to ComicBook. "My understanding is that they're trying to very much start fresh and I'm sure whoever is making them will want to make their own mark on it and probably not want to have to figure out how to get old Harry to cameo in this somewhere. So I'm definitely not seeking it out in any way. But I do wish them, obviously, all the luck in the world and I'm very excited to have that torch passed. But I don't think it needs me to physically pass it."

What are Daniel Radcliffe's upcoming projects?

Radcliffe has lately been promoting his new TBS comedy series 'Miracle Workers: End Times' which stars Geraldine Viswanathan, Karan Soni, Steve Buscemi, and Erin Darke in the lead alongside the 'Harry Potter' star. He also voiced a character for Netflix's animated show 'Mulligan' and is expected to return for the second season. As far as the 'Harry Potter' TV series is concerned, many details are yet to be revealed about the project, so fans will need to wait a bit longer for them.

Also Read: Internet hails Shangela's 4th of July post, says 'RuPaul’s Drag Race' star ended homophobia with video

More from MEAWW

Ryan Seacrest's throwback snap has fans swooning over soon-to-be 'Wheel of Fortune' host, say 'love this photograph'

Who is Isabella Strahan? ‘GMA’ host Michael Strahan’s daughter wows fans as she shares selfie with friend