Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Nate Diaz vegan? Joe Rogan addresses rumors about UFC legend's diet, dubbing it 'nonsense'

2023-08-05 16:47
Joe Rogan, who has always been a criticizer of veganism, claimed Nate Diaz consumed animal products
Is Nate Diaz vegan? Joe Rogan addresses rumors about UFC legend's diet, dubbing it 'nonsense'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Nate Diaz, who's about to debut in boxing against Jake Paul, has been a vegan since he was 18 years old. It has been alleged that the MMA fighter has followed the diet his entire career.

The UFC commentator and podcaster Joe Rogan, often known for his contentious opinions had to say a thing or two about Nate's diet. Notably, according to Rogan, following a vegan diet is not suitable for optimal human health.

'Nah, he doesn’t eat vegan'

In an episode of 'The Joe Rogan Experience' from three years ago, Rogan claimed that Nste isn’t a real vegan as he is known to consume eggs and fish. He said, "Nah, he doesn’t eat vegan." "They keep saying that. That’s not true. I mean, he eats eggs and fish, and I mean, I don’t know if he’s still eating fish. But he certainly was at one point in time," Rogan added. "But the vegans love to claim him. Because it’s nonsense. They just tried to find just one person who’s like elite on a vegan diet," the UFC commentator opined.

Why Nate Diaz follows a vegan diet?

Nate Diaz is one of the UFC fighters who propelled the vegan diet. After being introduced to the lifestyle by his older brother, Nick Diaz, the fighter became a vegan, claiming in an interview with UFC Fight Pass that he attempted the diet in order to get stronger and more focused. However, after his first battle as a vegan, Nate apparently resumed eating dairy and meat, which made him feel nauseous for more than a month. With a few exceptions, the combatant became a vegan permanently as a result of the health issues.

The "vegan" martial artist has acknowledged taking dairy and eggs occasionally. His transition to veganism has also motivated other UFC competitors like Karolina Kowalkiewicz, a strawweight fighter for the UFC, who turned vegan in 2019. She claimed that it was to help with Hashimoto's disease, which makes the thyroid gland vulnerable to attack by one's own immune system.