Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Deserves to rest': Internet backs Nicolas Cage's resolve to scale back acting career after turning 60

2023-11-27 19:57
Nicolas Cage plans to reduce film roles after turning 60 to prioritize family time with daughter
'Deserves to rest': Internet backs Nicolas Cage's resolve to scale back acting career after turning 60

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: 'Ghost Rider' star Nicolas Cage plans to step back from making so many movies after turning 60 in January 2024. The 59-year-old actor revealed his future plans in a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight.

When asked about the changes he wanted to make in his professional and personal life, Cage clearly stated that he wanted to "spend more time" with his daughter.

He married Riko Shibata in 2021, and they had their first child together in September 2022. Cage has two sons from his previous relationships.

Nicolas Cage has been brooding on 'really important' matters

Approaching the age of 60 has made the 'Leaving Las Vegas' actor think about what is "really important" in his life.

"So, 60's coming up. I'd like to read a book a week. I want to spend more time with my daughter. I'm taking stock of what's really important. Maybe not make quite as many movies," Cage told ET.

The actor has consistently made between four and seven movies a year over the last decade, including critically acclaimed films of his entire career like 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent' (2022).

Nicolas Cage did six movies in 2023

Cage's schedule in 2023 was hectic, to say the least. With only a month to end the year, he has appeared in six movies so far, the latest one being the black comedy fantasy 'Dream Scenario'.

Despite his desire to start easing back on making many movies a year, fans will be able to see him frequently onscreen for a little more time with his upcoming projects like ' Longlegs', 'The Surfer' and 'Arcadian'.

Netizens support Nicolas Cage's decision to do fewer movies

Though the audience will miss Cage's onscreen performances, many are happy about his decision to spend more time with his daughter.

Netizens praised him for putting his family before his career.

One user noted, "The man has given us so many great performances and deserves to rest."

Another user praised his decision, saying, "He's done more in the last 2-3 years than he has before. That's not a sign of slowing down but I do applaud his reasons for doing so. Nothing is more important than family."

A third user said, "A well deserved rest."

"Family is important but will miss him especially as Negan," stated a fourth user.

One user said, "Always nice to see him put family first Man has been working hard over the years."

"A great choice! You have make time for your loved ones, or you get lost in your career and lose beautiful moments you could've shared with them," added another user.

While one fan said, "will MISS him."

"Love this for him. He had a long successful career it's time to get in tons of fam time," added another.

One user backed the actor, saying, "Let's respect his decision."

Tags news