Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Heather Gay reveals she's been weight loss drug Ozempic since a 'long time' but didnt have 'massive results'

2023-12-01 04:30
Heather Gay admitted that she has not seen much difference in her appearance but it has been enough for people to notice
Heather Gay reveals she's been weight loss drug Ozempic since a 'long time' but didnt have 'massive results'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Heather Gay, one of the stars of 'Real Housewives of Salt Lake City', (RHOSLC) has revealed that she has been using Ozempic, a prescription medication for type 2 diabetes, to lose weight.

However, the reality TV personality admitted that she has not seen much difference in her appearance but it has been enough for people to notice which, however, makes her sad.

Heather Gay says Ozempic has not given her ‘massive results’

Heather Gay, 49, opened up about her weight loss journey at Variety’s Women in Reality TV event in Los Angeles on Wednesday, November 29.

She told People that she has been on Ozempic for a long time, but had not seen much results.

“And I haven’t had massive results, but enough for people to notice, which is great,” she said. She also added that people treat her differently even with just minor weight loss. “You lose five pounds, people are nicer to you,” she furtjer said.

“I don’t know why. It’s just the way the world works and that makes me sad for women. But happy that I’m down five,” she continued.

Ozempic is a popular weight loss drug among celebrities

Ozempic is an FDA-approved injection for people with type 2 diabetes. It is a brand name for semaglutide and tirzepatide, also known as Wegovy and Mounjaro, which both work in the brain to impact satiety.

The drug has become a popular weight loss trend among celebrities such as Rebel Wilson, Kelly Osbourne, and Adele.

Heather Gay's co-star Mary Cosby also body-shamed Gay on the show, questioning whether her Gucci corset was real or not.

“No, I don’t think Gucci makes that. I’ve never seen a corset in, like, a size 14. Have you?” she said during an appearance on 'Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen' in October.

Gay then clapped back via social media by posting a selfie of herself in the corset on Instagram and captioning it, “Thank you @gucci for being so inclusive. #RHOSLC.”

Heather Gay worries about her daughters and beauty standards

Gay, who is the co-owner of Beauty Lab + Laser in Salt Lake City, expressed her concern about her daughters, Annabelle, Ashley and Georgia, and the pressure they face from society’s standards of beauty.

"...I have three daughters that I love and I don’t want them to have my genetics or have to struggle with society’s standards of beauty. Gay also shared how she talks to her daughters about cosmetic procedures and self-love.

"...I value my children, which is just that self-divination and informed consent,” she said.

“...I don’t think I would ever tell my daughter, ‘Oh, if you don’t like your lips, get over it.’ I would just say change it,” she continued. “Change your lips, change your life, and be who you want to be. Define who you want to be and pursue it relentlessly," she further noted.

Tags news