Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mindy Kaling gives credit to her 2 children for her improved health: 'A pretty damn good gift'

2023-06-25 07:19
'My doctor told me that this year I was the healthiest I’ve been in years,' wrote Mindy Kaling
Mindy Kaling gives credit to her 2 children for her improved health: 'A pretty damn good gift'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Mindy Kaling believes she has never been healthier than she is now. While celebrating her 44th birthday on June 24, the ‘Velma’ actress talked about how her children have inspired her to live a healthy life. She posted a picture on Instagram with her five-year-old daughter Katherine ‘Kit’ Swati, and two-year-old son Spencer Avu, as they walk and pull their cute little suitcases behind her. "I know I’m clearly materialistic but the best birthday gift to me, for the rest of my life, is these two guys. I was never a 'kid' person," wrote Kaling.

"When my mom passed though, it just clicked in me: I wanted kids with such intense certainty. I bet some of you can relate," wrote Kaling. ‘The Office’ alum then talked about her motivation when it comes to staying fit, “Now I’m just trying to be present for them (hard for me! I’m impatient!), being up for anything (again hard for me, I am not whimsical!), and stay healthy for these two guys (ALSO hard! I just want to eat cheesesteaks every meal in front of the TV) for until I’m an old gray skeleton they’re like “mom, you gotta go”.

'Thanks for my birthday love'

Kaling concluded the post with positive news that her doctor recently shared, “My doctor told me that this year I was the healthiest I’ve been in years. That’s a pretty damn good gift, right? I’m usually kind of low-level anxious, so I’m just gonna take one minute on my birthday to acknowledge that I am happy. Man, there are ups and downs in this life!! But my ups seem to be the most important ones right now. Thanks for my birthday love. Also maybe I will buy myself that trendy Dior bag that looks like a kidney bean," reports People.

'I spend so much time and energy trying to be healthy'

The star also recently launched a collaboration Mindy x Andie Swim Collection and called it a big commitment during an interview with People. "I'm feeling really confident in my body these days, which is not something that I've been able to say for my whole life, unfortunately," she said. "I feel great I know people are really interested in my body and the changes in my body, and I think it's flattering and sometimes it's just a little much, so I don't try to tune it in too much. The truth is that I spend so much time and energy trying to be healthy," added Kaling.

Tags news