Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Alanna Nash? Writer compares Elvis Presley to convicted sex offender R Kelly in new documentary about icon's 'fatal flaws'

2023-06-23 16:23
In the documentary, Alanna is quoted as saying, 'In this day and age, he'd be sharing a cell with R Kelly'
Who is Alanna Nash? Writer compares Elvis Presley to convicted sex offender R Kelly in new documentary about icon's 'fatal flaws'

The 'King of Rock and Roll', Elvis Presley, was a heartthrob to many of his female fans and was often mobbed by admirers. The entire world was in shock after hearing about the singer's shocking death at the age of 42 due to a heart attack on August 16, 1977. The superstar was also well known as a ladies' man due to his personal relationships.

Now, the upcoming film 'Priscilla', based on Elvis and his ex-wife, Priscilla, is currently generating headlines. The movie stars 'Euphoria' actor Jacob Elordi as Elvis and Cailee Spaeny as Priscilla. The singer was an enlisted US soldier in Germany at the age of 24 when he first encountered his future wife, who was 14 years old at the time. Meeting in 1959, the two got married in 1967.

Who is Alanna Nash?

American journalist and author Alanna Kay Nash was raised in Louisville, Kentucky and has written several well-regarded books including 'Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations from the Memphis Mafia', 'Dolly Parton: The Early Years' and many more.

Nash compared Elvis to R Kelly

A new documentary called Elvis' Women, which poses some unsettling questions about Elvis, has disclosed everything about the 19 women who dated the singer. While some women were just teens at the time, many of the late singer's past loves are still madly in love with him. Elvis' biographer Alanna Nash asserts: "We love Elvis Presley so much that we don't want to see his fatal flaws." The American writer contrasts him with convicted sex offender R Kelly. The documentary quotes Alanna as saying, "In this day and age, he'd be sharing a cell with R Kelly."

Elvis liked 'young girls'

Currie Grant, a military friend who oversaw entertainment at a club for service families said, "Priscilla came into the club and she found out I knew Elvis. Who knew she was 14? And nobody cared because she was that beautiful." He added, "Her parents were so sold on Elvis they didn’t give a damn. If I’d have been the parents I’d have been raising hell. He liked young girls because he can control them." David Stanley, Elvis' stepbrother, commented on his connection with Priscilla. He said, "There’s a lot of things I love about Elvis but there’s things I wish I’d never seen. One was his taste for young girls. It’s a miracle he didn’t get busted."

'14 will get you 20'

In 1957, when Frances Forbes was 14 years old, Elvis invited her into his Memphis home, Graceland. She told the Amazon Prime docu, "We just had fun. He called me Little Frances. I spent most of my time in Graceland [and I] skipped school. I was 14 when I met him, Elvis was 22. He was attracted to younger girls." She added, "E always said '14 will get you 20'. If we were talking about us traveling with him or having sex, 14 years old would get you 20 years in prison. If you were 13 you were way too young – 14 was the magic age."

'You know you’re in danger'

Kay Wheeler, who started the Elvis fan club at the age of 16, compared Presley coming on to her to Godzilla. The singer asked her to wait in his hotel room. "I walked in, he was looking in a mirror. He started being kissy and holdy. Every minute you want to be with Elvis and then you get right in front of him and there’s only one thing you want to do and that’s run for your life because you know you’re in danger."

What did Priscilla say about Elvis?

Priscilla recently stated, "[When we met] I was 14, he was 24 and he was always a gentleman with me. My relationship with Elvis was not sexual. He poured his heart out on the loss of his mother."