Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Fox & Friends' host Will Cain raises nearly half a million dollars with fundraiser for Maui Wildfires

2023-08-14 13:29
It was shared last week that the 'Fox & Friends' host Will Cain shares a long family history with the iconic Maui islands
'Fox & Friends' host Will Cain raises nearly half a million dollars with fundraiser for Maui Wildfires

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Effects of climate change have been more than visible in the past few years to the common man and they have gradually only become more and more devastating.

Every day, we are hearing news of floods, landslides, earthquakes, and the most terrifying of them all: wildfires.

Maui islands in Hawaii are the current victims of these wildfires and it has put the lives of thousands in jeopardy. Many have come forward to contribute their help in rescuing and supporting the rescued and stuck citizens of the region.

Will Cain, the weekend host at 'Fox & Friends', is one of the major personalities who has shared awareness and is working towards the cause of protecting the people of Maui. This includes a huge fundraiser organized for the same that has managed to raise around half a million dollars for the wildfire victims.

How is Will Cain related to Maui Islands?

It was shared last week that the 'Fox & Friends' host Cain shares a long family history with the iconic Maui islands. In a report for Fox News, he shared that he has spent all his summers on the islands, specifically Lahaina.

Cain's mother was previously stuck on the island with her husband but was recently rescued and kept safe, although still on the island.

"They are safe. I made contact with them last night. There's just no power. Cell service is completely spotty. But I’m happy to share they are safe and the project now is to get them out of West Maui," he said on 'The Faulkner Focus'.

The host has been looking back on his memories on the island and has shared how this has been a real struggle to get through for him but unimaginably more for his friends and family on the island.

Will Cain starts a GoFundMe for Maui Wildfires

The death toll of the Maui Wildfires has almost reached a three-figure and the whole disaster has caused much destruction of property, causing many people to lose their homes and get permanently displaced.

Keeping that in mind, Cain has opened up a GoFundMe fundraiser in association with the Wayne Dyer Family, which includes the loved ones of the popular self-help writer.

"I've never done that before," Cain opened up, "...we've put together a GoFundMe and it has helped the people of Maui. I'm directly involved and I'm going to make sure it goes directly to people who live there year-round, locals who need this money to try and rebuild their lives.

The fundraiser has managed to raise around $490,000 in a very short period of time and the goal of $750,000 does not seem unreachable at all. Cain also came forward to share his gratitude for the donations saying, "This is incredible. Thank you! We will ensure this is done right."

Tags news