Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Whitney Thore's current weight? 'MBFFL' star surrounded by rumors of Ozempic use amid weight loss journey

2023-09-06 05:24
Whitney Thore has a medical condition known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
What is Whitney Thore's current weight? 'MBFFL' star surrounded by rumors of Ozempic use amid weight loss journey

GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA: TLC's 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' star Whitney Thore has recently gone through a major weight loss journey, and lost around 70 pounds in the process. Her weight has now stabilized at around 330 pounds. The 39-year-old star is taking steady steps towards implementing a healthy lifestyle and fans of the show can't help but notice the glow of her success in reducing weight.

However, Thore has faced backlash from certain quarters alleging that her weight loss journey has been artificially aided by the use of the type 2 diabetes drug Ozempic, which contains the active ingredient semi-glutide.

Did TLC star Whitney Thore undergo weight loss surgery?

Thore's remarkable weight loss was overshadowed by controversy when, according to a report, she contemplated having weight loss surgery to reduce her weight, during the eighth season of 'MBFFL'. Though she is an ardent advocate of body positivity and embracing one's own body, she grappled with the idea of surgical intervention for a while. She has stated that although she never planned on having surgery, the fact that she was grappling with depression, coupled with the fact that she wanted change, may have led her to consider surgery for once. Nevertheless, she hasn't yet made any statement declaring her wish to undergo bariatric surgery.

What medical condition is 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' star Whitney Thore going through?

Reports state that Thore has a medical condition known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Thore stated that when she was first diagnosed with PCOS at age 21, she hadn't even heard of the condition. However, she now has a definite idea of the condition as she has found it to exist in one among ten women. She mentioned the irony of the situation that we know so little about the condition even though it is so commonplace in the modern world.

Who is 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' star Whitney Thore?

Whitney Thore is a 39-year-old American television personality known for her appearances on 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life', which followed her as she pursued her mission to lose weight. After graduating from Appalachian State University in Boone, California, she relocated to South Korea to teach English to school children.

What will 'My Big Fat Fabulous Life' season 11 be about?

The new season of 'MBFFL' is expected to make some major changes as Thore and the rest of her family continue to grieve the loss of Barbara Thore. Thore would also meet her half-sister and provide support to her father, Glenn Thore.

Tags news