Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Lewis Capaldi is prepared to quit music for his mental health

2023-05-20 15:20
Lewis Capaldi is prepared to quit music for the sake of his mental health but would hate if he had to stop performing for fans.
Lewis Capaldi is prepared to quit music for his mental health

Lewis Capaldi is prepared to quit music for the sake of his mental health.

The 26-year-old musician admitted his fame has taken a toll on him mentally and he would be prepared to walk away to look after himself.

Speaking to Rebecca Judd on Apple Music, he said: "I think on this album in particular I talk a bit more about my mental health, which has taken a beating over the last little while.

"I'm managing it better now but I think in 2020 I was kind of glad when we got put in lockdown because I had done my first arena tour in the UK, and we had just done an Australia and Asia tour before that.

"I was in a bad way where I was just having panic attacks every single day on stage and I was just shy.

"I still haven't quite got there, but it's interesting that this thing that you love to do and you've always wanted to do becomes something that causes you such distress, but such is the modern world.

""If I did another album and my head was scrambled and I felt horrible, right now I'm at a point where I can balance my mental health and how I feel in general.

"Not even just mental health, but the trade-off is worth it.

"I'll take a few panic attacks and my Tourettes and stuff for what's happening, but if it gets to the point where things get worse mentally and I stop kind of looking after myself in that regard, I think that would be a point where I'd be like, 'I'm just not going to do this anymore'."

And Lewis admitted he would be heartbroken if he could no longer perform live for his fans.

He said: "The main reason I got into music was to play live and if I'm struggling to do that ever, I think that's where I'm in trouble, because otherwise that's the payoff, that’s the point of doing it.

"At that point, if it felt like it was becoming something that I was not into or was causing me stress or I hated (it), then that's when I would probably pack it in."