Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Jackie Bonds and Josh Demas split? 'Love is Blind' stars breakup over argument involving ex-fiance

2023-09-19 16:24
The confrontation Jackie had with Josh's ex-girlfriend Monica Rodriguez during the 'After the Altar' special was the cause of the split
Why did Jackie Bonds and Josh Demas split? 'Love is Blind' stars breakup over argument involving ex-fiance

WASHINGTON: While reality fans await Season 5 of Netflix's 'Love Is Blind', one of the Season 4 couples has recently split. The news comes just two weeks following 'After the Altar' special. Jackie Bonds, a 27-year-old dental assistant, announced her breakup with Josh Demas, a 31-year-old project manager, during an Instagram live session (captured by TikTok user RealityAshley).

During the three-part 'After the Altar' special, which aired on September 1 on Netflix, Jackie disclosed that Josh's final straw was when she defied his wishes and talked with his ex-fiancee, Monica Rodriguez.

"Instead of ignoring it, like I was told by him, I ended up having a conversation with her, and that's the reason why we broke up," Jackie revealed.

"I'm still sick about it, low-key, I love that man. I was like, 'Damn, I had all these life plans with you, you know? And then you just don’t even care,' and I’m like, that’s crazy, over a conversation with somebody? It don’t matter," Jackie continued.

"I tried to fix it, I tried to mend it. I did everything I could, and what’s crazy is that looking back at these messages, I look like a begging ass b----," Jackie added, referring to text exchanges in which she is said to have "begged" him to be with her.

"What's crazy is I ain't never begged nobody to be with me, I never been on no weird s**t to where I'm like, 'Oh my God, be with me,'" she said.

When she looked back at the texts, she said she felt "sick, like throwing up," and added, "Like, how am I begging? Like, that's crazy, but it is what it is."

Were 'Love is Blind' stars Jackie Bonds and Josh Demas engaged?

Josh and Monica were engaged during the pods, though it was never seen on camera, according to the 'After the Altar' special. After they split, Josh pursued Jackie after she left her own fiance, Mashall Glaze.

Monica and Jackie were believed to be "best friends," but Monica spoke out on social media over Jackie and Josh's engagement.

Josh subsequently labeled Monica "disrespectful" and a "clout chaser" during their 'After the Altar' segment.

What does 'Love is Blind' star Josh Demas do for a living?

Josh, in addition to working as a project engineer, is a blogger who practices mixed martial arts, yoga, and Jiu Jitsu, according to his Instagram account with the handle @jdemas. @jdemas is also his TikTok username.

What does 'Love is Blind' star Jackie Bonds do for a living?

Fans of 'Love Is Blind' should expect to see a lot more of Jackelina "Jackie" Bonds as she begins her new career.

The dental assistant claimed on Instagram that she had quit Netflix to pursue a modeling career as a Playboy Bunny.

Tags news