Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Stevie Nicks turns 75: Fleetwood Mac star honors late bandmate Christine McVie while celebrating milestone birthday

2023-05-28 05:56
'There was a point in my life where I made it, and it was really good. But I said, 'Back up'', said Stevie Nicks
Stevie Nicks turns 75: Fleetwood Mac star honors late bandmate Christine McVie while celebrating milestone birthday

SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA: Stevie Nicks remembered her beloved late bandmate Christine McVie as she performed in Orlando, Florida on her birthday. The legendary singer-songwriter who turned 75 on Thursday, May 25, entertained her fans at the Amway Center on the eve of her birthday. She went on to perform a 15-song set, including powerhouse ‘Landslide.’

The ‘Gypsy’ singer was visibly emotional as she addressed the crowd, “There was a point in my life where I made it, and it was really good. But I said, ‘Back up, Stevie,' 'I took my bed off the bed frame, put it on the floor, and threw some really pretty old-fashioned coverlets and flowers on it. I sat down and I’m like, ‘I’m still Stevie.'” “In my opinion, Ukraine is fighting for all of us. I stand with Ukraine. I stand for democracy. I stand for freedom,” said the singer as she covered Buffalo Springfield’s 'For What It’s Worth' and also paid an emotional tribute to veterans with Soldier’s Angel while marking Memorial Day, reports the Daily Mail.

READ MORE

How did Christine McVie die? Mourning fans say singer gave Fleetwood Mac 'so much soul'

Stevie Nicks pays touching tribute to bandmate Christine McVie, says she didn't know 'best friend' was ill

'Revered musician who was loved universally'

McVie died six months ago after suffering a stroke while battling against cancer. Her family confirmed her death in a statement, “She passed away peacefully at the hospital this morning following a short illness. She was in the company of her family. We would like everyone to keep Christine in their hearts and remember the life of an incredible human being, and revered musician who was loved universally.”

'This precious life'

Nicks said, “There are no words to describe our sadness at the passing of Christine McVie.” In a joint statement from Fleetwood Mac and Nicks, posted on Facebook, it read, “This is a day where my dear sweet Friend Christine McVie has taken to flight and left us earthbound folks to listen with bated breath to the sounds of that 'song bird,' reminding one and all that love is all around us to reach for and touch in this precious life that is gifted to us.”