Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Internet hails Angelina Jolie as she calls for an 'immediate' ceasefire in Israel-Hamas war

2023-10-29 21:48
Angelina Jolie wrote, 'Anything that can prevent civilian casualties and save lives must be done', addressing the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict
Internet hails Angelina Jolie as she calls for an 'immediate' ceasefire in Israel-Hamas war

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Angelina Jolie recently took to Instagram to address the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict, opening up about her concern over the humanitarian crises the war caused on both fronts.

Based on BBC reports, around 1,400 people have been killed in Israel, and over 8,000 Palestinians have been killed since the war started on October 7. With Israel intensifying the bombardment in Gaza in retaliation to Hamas' attacks, the death toll is expected to rise in the upcoming days.

Angelina Jolie asks for 'immediate ceasefire' in Israel-Hamas conflict

On October 28, the 'Maleficent' actress Angelina Jolie took to Instagram to pen a long post about her views on what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

She revealed that she was "sick and angry at the terrorist attack in Israel" and said she has been spending time "wondering how best to help."

"What happened in Israel is an act of terror. But that cannot justify the innocent lives lost in bombing a civilian population in Gaza that has nowhere to go, no access to food or water, no possibility of evacuation, and not even the basic human right to cross a border or seek refuge," wrote the actress.

She added, "The few aid trucks that are entering are a fraction of what is needed (and was delivered daily before the present conflict), and the bombings are causing desperate new humanitarian needs daily."

Jolie also addressed the situation of the two million people living in Gaza, saying, "The denial of aid, fuel and water' as it 'collectively' punishes all people, including innocent civilians and kids."

She further wrote, "Humanity demands an immediate ceasefire. Palestinian and Israeli lives – and the lives of all people globally – matter equally."

"Anything that can prevent civilian casualties and save lives must be done. Like many others I have donated to medical relief efforts. I have chosen to support the work of Doctors Without Borders and have been closing following their reporting," concluded 'The Tourist' actress.

Notably, Jolie, who works as a refugee advocate and humanitarian, was a special envoy in the UN refugee agency, UNHCR, for 20 years before stepping down in 2022.

Internet hails Angelina Jolie as she addresses the ongoing Israel-Hamas war

Soon after Angelina Jolie's statement about the ongoing Israel-Hamas war hit the news, netizens flocked to show their support, with many finding themselves aligned with the actress' views regarding the need to protect the lives of the innocent.

One stated, "She's spot on! It's important to remember that every life matters, regardless of nationality or ethnicity," as another added, "when I say this is one of the best statement? All life matter equally indeed."

"I'm glad she was neutral," noted a person.

A user expressed, "Good. The more people of influence that speaks out the better," with another adding, "Angelina Jolie's call for an immediate ceasefire is a message of unity."

"Nice to see someone like her lending her voice to the ceasefire cause," expressed one more.

"I just knew Angelina is a good one who sees the WHOLE picture," said a person, as a user praised her, noting, "One of the few celebrities who wants true peace, kudos to her."

A fan simply wrote, "I couldn't agree more with her. Humanity need peace."

Tags news