Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What happened to Ozzy Osbourne? Black Sabbath frontman offers health update, says he is 'in constant pain'

2023-07-27 19:27
Ozzy Osbourne revealed on his radio show that he recently underwent the removal of a blood clot filter from one of his arteries
What happened to Ozzy Osbourne? Black Sabbath frontman offers health update, says he is 'in constant pain'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Amid battling health issues, iconic rock legend Ozzy Osbourne remains resilient as he recently had a filter removed from his artery. The Black Sabbath frontman, known for his influential contributions to the world of music, has been battling a rare form of Parkinson's.

In 2022, Osbourne underwent life-altering surgery to address the lingering effects of a quad biking accident from 2003, which necessitated the removal and realignment of pins in his neck and back. In a significant update on his health, Osbourne has spoken publicly for the first time since canceling his set at the Power Trip festival in October. His appearance at the festival would have marked his return to the stage after five years. The rock star shared exclusive details on his 'Ozzy Speaks' radio show, revealing that he recently underwent the removal of a blood clot filter from one of his arteries.

What happened to Ozzy Osbourne?

"I’m battling through, like, for instance last Monday (July 17)," Osbourne said, per Revolver, adding, "I went to have a filter removed. When I had the blood clots in my legs, they put a filter in your artery to stop the blood clots going to your heart and your brain. It sounds worse than it is. So, on Monday I went to have it removed."

When co-host Billy Morrison asked the singer what that meant, Osbourne answered, "When I had the blood clots in my legs, they put a filter in your artery to stop the blood clots going to your heart and your brain. It sounds worse than it is. The blood clots have jammed you all up."

'I feel like a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest'

"It’s just disappointment after disappointment. Just get this thing f*****g done so I can go get on with my life. They put a thing down there in my neck, straight down to my groin," Osbourne said, adding, "I feel like a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest. The only thing I’ve got that keeps me going is making records. But I can’t do that forever. I gotta get out there. I’m still in constant pain. I do the best I can to stay away from the pain medication."

In February, Osbourne made the difficult decision to cancel his rescheduled UK and European tour. "My one and only purpose during this time has been to get back onstage," the singer said in a statement at the time, adding, "My singing voice is fine. However, after three operations, stem cell treatments, endless physical therapy sessions, and most recently groundbreaking Cybernics (HAL) Treatment, my body is still physically weak."