Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I’ve been grateful for it': Tucker Carlson reveals how Elon Musk's phonecall led to 'Tucker on X' after messy Fox News exit

2023-09-03 14:46
Tucker Carlson claims Fox News is run by 'fearful women' in a candid conversation with Dave Portnoy
'I’ve been grateful for it': Tucker Carlson reveals how Elon Musk's phonecall led to 'Tucker on X' after messy Fox News exit

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: On Friday, September 1, Dave Portnoy appeared on ‘Tucker on X’ in conversation with Tucker Carlson.

While most of the conversation focussed on the American business owner, who became famous after an argument with a pizzeria owner, the last few minutes of the interview focussed on Tucker.

Tucker’s previous guests included the likes of Donald Trump and Balazs Orban, who mentioned Fox News in their interviews as well.

Tucker, who previously worked with Fox News and was then fired, has started to open up about it a little more on ‘Tucker on X.’

Tucker Carlson claims Fox News is run by 'fearful women'

After a 40-minute conversation that focussed on Dave Portnoy, the tables were turned when Portnoy mentioned the “Fox unwinding” and Tucker immediately corrected him, “You mean I got fired.”

Tucker had briefly mentioned his opinion about Fox News and his life not being “changed” after being fired in his interview with Balazs Orban in Hungary, however, Tucker went into a little more depth this time, after expressing he will always be “grateful” to Fox.

Tucker added, “Obviously I said too much, and I’m not sure exactly what I said that was bad. No one ever told me. But then one day they were nope can’t have this anymore, and they fired me.” It was after this firing that Tucker decided he would “never work for anyone else again.”

When asked if Tucker could always say what he wanted to, the ex-Fox News host mentioned the Murdochs, “The Murdochs were always nice, they never got in my way at all, they were always super nice to me.”

He added, “It’s a company run by fearful women” and there were “second-tier people” who hassled Tucker’s producers on Fox News.

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson opens up about Elon Musk's X

The conversation eventually shifted from Fox News to X, formerly known as Twitter, when Dave Portnoy told Tucker Carlson that he never struck him as a “technology guy.” Tucker responded, “I hate technology, I hate electricity.”

“It seems as if your microphone has gotten quite a bit larger, have you been surprised by that?” asked Portnoy.

Tucker responded by saying, “No, I’ve been grateful for it. I mean, we like within hours of getting the boot...” Tucker paused and mentioned his executive producer Justin Wells who was fired minutes after Tucker.

Within an hour of Wells and Tucker being fired from Fox News, Elon Musk called Wells and said, “You should come to Twitter.”

Tucker said he will never stop being “grateful” but also added, “We don’t work for Elon or anything, but we’re using the site like everyone else uses it, as a platform which is not censored."

Tags news epcelebs