Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Not attractive at all': 'The View' host Ana Navarro's 'below the belt' rant on 'nepo babies' backfires

2023-10-21 16:53
On the recent episode of 'The View', the hosts discussed Gwyneth Paltrow’s comments on nepotism
'Not attractive at all': 'The View' host Ana Navarro's 'below the belt' rant on 'nepo babies' backfires

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: 'The View' host Ana Navarro didn't hold back as she launched into a vehement critique of individuals born into privilege, labeling them as "entitled toxic brats" and "talentless dolts."

On the recent episode of 'The View', the hosts discussed Gwyneth Paltrow’s comments, where the mother of two defended nepotism and criticized the judgment directed towards children of famous people.

While Navarro didn't receive unanimous support from her co-host Sara Haines, who argued that “nepo babies work twice as hard,” Alyssa Farah Griffin countered that entitlement is the real issue.

Despite her passionate argument, the internet trolled Navarro for calling out "nepo babies."

‘The View’ host Ana Navarro rants about ‘nepo babies’

On Friday, October 20 episode of 'The View’, Joy Behar began the discussion by referencing Gwyneth Paltrow's recent interview with Bustle.

During the interview, Paltrow, who shares a 19-year-old daughter named Apple and a 17-year-old son named Moses with her former spouse Chris Martin, stated, "Nobody criticizes a child who says, 'I want to become a doctor like my father and grandfather.'"

However, Navarro abruptly shouted, “Let me talk about nepo babies,” as Behar jokingly added, “Release the Kraken!”

Navarro continued, “Look, I don't think anybody questions Gwyneth Paltrow. There is no doubt that having rich, connected parents gives you a leg up in life - whatever the profession may be. And I think parents often work to be able to be that connected.”

She continued, “Nobody has an issue with a Gwyneth Paltrow or a Liza Minnelli or Mitt Romney... these are people who may have started off as a nepo baby, who may have started off with doors opening because of who their mother or father was, but who worked, who've earned it, who've shown talent, who've had merit, who've risen up because of what they've done.”

“The people who give nepo babies a bad name are the people who start every sentence with "my father" or "my mother", are the people who are talentless dolts and instead of being humble and grateful for the opportunities they are given because they won the ovarian lottery, are toxic brats!” Navarro further exclaimed as the ladies burst into laughter.

The political strategist said, “[They're] entitled and privileged, who make everybody's life hell because they know they can't be fired because of who they are!”

Following a round of applause from the audience, Sara Haines, who is a mother of three, added her thoughts to the conversation.

She said, “'Okay, can I piggyback off Ana? There are nepo babies that act like that, and then there are nepo babies who come in and they work twice as hard because they know they have that leg up.”

Haines continued, “Those people are some of the best in the room because they need to prove themselves and I've worked with some of those people occasionally, they're amazing, it's the other ones...”

Alyssa Farah Griffin chimed in after Haines, “I was going to say Allison Williams is an example too... Brian Williams' daughter. Amazing actress, she was in Girls, but she acknowledges the doors that were opened and then actually used her own talent and rode that.”

“I think if you acknowledge the privilege that comes with nepotism and then you work twice as hard, that's really all that matters, it's the entitlement that is the problem,” she concluded.

Internet trolls Ana Navarro over her candid take on 'nepo babies'

Following Ana Navarro's fiery critique of 'nepo babies' on 'The View,' the internet wasn't impressed with the host's comments.

One comment read, “Oh...now the LATINA believes in generational wealth and opportunity. How can she pretend to not be one of them?”

Another slammed Navarro adding, "The ovarion lottery?" Sounds like your jealous, smartass,” and one wrote, “This Latina acting all shady. Just plain shady I could see right through her manipulative little cabeza.”

A user simply said, “Not attractive at all, women hating on each other. What happened to lifting each other up?! Especially when you have worked together!!”

One more called out Navarro saying, “Ana has been personally losing her mind since she got on ozempic. If she had a kid, she would have a completely different take,” and another wrote, “Wow Ana, that was maybe below the belt and over the top don't you think?”