Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Lay off the buzzer': 'AGT' fans ask Simon Cowell to 'get off his soapbox' and not buzz acts during Live Shows

2023-09-13 11:49
'AGT' fans warned judge Simon Cowell to lay off the X buzzer during live acts
'Lay off the buzzer': 'AGT' fans ask Simon Cowell to 'get off his soapbox' and not buzz acts during Live Shows

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA: Puppet Simon & The Cowbelles is a comic puppeteering act that uses musical storytelling to mock Simon Cowell. As the judge on 'America's Got Talent' couldn't stop buzzing the act, viewers were irritated by the judge's behavior.

On September 12, they picked a Broadway-style song that didn't work for Sofia Vergara, who swiftly pressed the red X buzzer. Later in the performance, Puppet Sofia appeared and convinced Sofia to rejoin the show. Unfortunately, Simon had had enough and pressed his red X buzzer as well.

According to Simon, the show "started well and got increasingly worse." Heidi Klum expressed "mixed feelings" and expressed disappointment that there was no Puppet Heidi. Howie Mandel tried to argue that he doesn't agree with hitting the red X at this time in the competition, but fans already know he did it to acts in prior Qualifiers, so no one believed him.

On X, while tagging the judge, one user wrote, "Why does the Judges BUZZ a performer. During the live rounds. And it's up to the US to vote." Another person chimed in, "I agree with Howie on this one, at this stage of @AGT they should not be allowed to hit the buzzer to X a constant." Some argued, "No judges red buzzers in the finals. Howie’s right. Let America vote and not be swayed." A fourth user wrote, "Tell Simon to get off his soapbox and lay off the buzzer. America is voting, not him."

One user also asked, "Simon, what did you have for breakfast, thumb tacks? Get off your hobby horse and lay off the buzzer. America is voting, not you." Another person further asked, "simon I absolutely love your show. Have watched since start. But i have a question if you are not supposed to vote why do you guys hit the buzzer. Do you feel that maybe your opinion will effect or sway ppls vote." Others added, "NEEDS TO DISARM THOSE BUZZERS THIS FAR INTO THE SEASON!" One person also tweeted, "Why are the judges ' buzzers still connected? I agree with Howie during #AGT Live the viewers decide, right?"

Is 'AGT' judge Simon Cowell still with the mother of his child?

Simon had no intention of marrying, but his 9-year-old son persuaded him to do so. Simon, renowned as a ladies' man, has frequently stated that he has no plans to marry, but he is now placing a ring on the finger of Lauren Silverman, his longtime girlfriend and the mother of his sole child.

Is Simon Cowell retiring from 'AGT'?

Simon has replied to rumors that he may retire from the program after 18 seasons, stating that he has no plans to do so. In an exclusive interview with The US Sun, Simon discussed a "miracle" health update, AGT's future goals, and family life.

Simon confessed exclusively on camera that, while he has attempted to slow down "a little bit," his workload and drive to create remain his top priorities. He teased, "All these fun things have come along."

As Simon approaches the typical retirement age in the United States, internet rumors have circulated about when the television magnate will retire. "Sometimes you get tired," the 'AGT' creator said.

"Seriously, I remember thinking this time last year I felt knackered, and then this year I just feel better." Simon clarified, "Also, some things just happened to come my way, which was very fortunate. There were a couple of things I wanted to do, which I just decided to do, like this boy band thing," he disclosed. The entrepreneur conveyed, "I have been thinking about it for years, and it's like, ‘God, if I don't do it now, then I'll never do it.'"

When will 'AGT' Season 18 Qualifiers 5 air?

New episodes of 'AGT' Season 18 air on NBC every Tuesday and Wednesday at 8/7c.

The fifth week of 'AGT' live performances for Season 18 will run on Tuesday, September 19 (performance show) and Wednesday, September 20 (results show), with 11 of the 55 overall acts performing in front of judges Simon, Howie, Heidi, and Sofia, as well as host, Terry Crews.