Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It can complicate things': Tom Holland and Zendaya ignored 'Spider-Man' producer's warning against dating each other

2023-06-02 21:17
'Spider-Man' producer Amy Pascal apparently took Tom Holland and Zendaya aside and gave them a lecture, urging them not to date each other
'It can complicate things': Tom Holland and Zendaya ignored 'Spider-Man' producer's warning against dating each other

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tom Holland and Zendaya, the epitome of today's "It" couple, are relishing a wholesome love tale, which saw them transitioning their reel-life chemistry into real-life. The two dynamic actors started dating after sharing the screen in 2017s ‘Spiderman: Homecoming’, where they played love interests MJ and Peter Parker.

However, their love story would have never started had they heeded their producer’s warning. The 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' powerhouse producer Amy Pascal previously revealed that she cautioned the pair against future dating shortly after they were cast as MJ and Peter. "I took Tom and Zendaya aside, separately, when we first cast them and gave them a lecture. Don't go there—just don't. Try not to,” the recent trilogy producer and former Sony executive said in an interview with New York Times. She added that Tom and Zendaya weren't the first leading actors she'd tried to lecture against coupling up either. "I gave the same advice to Andrew [Garfield] and Emma [Stone]. It can just complicate things, you know?" she explained.

When did Tom Holland and Zendaya start dating?

The ‘Uncharted’ actor and the ‘Euphoria' star’s romance started making headlines soon after they appeared in 2017’s 'Spiderman'. Their relationship was not confirmed until July 2021 when the paparazzi photographed them kissing at a red light during a sunset drive in Holland's car. In the pictures, the 'Cherry' star was seen holding Zendaya's face closely and staring lovingly at her. Later that year, the couple made their relationship Instagram official in September when Holland celebrated Zendaya’s 25th birthday by sharing a cozy mirror selfie of the two together, paired with a sweet caption.

"My MJ, have the happiest of birthdays. Gimme a call when you're [sp] up xxx," Holland captioned the shot, where he was seen in his Spider-Man suit with Zendaya close behind him as she takes the picture with a camera. Since then, the pair has made multiple public appearances. In February 2022, Zendaya and Holland were captured leaving the premiere of the actor's most recent film, Uncharted, hand-in-hand. Most recently, the couple was seen enjoying the Golden State Warriors versus Los Angeles Lakers game in the NBA playoffs. Following the appearance, Producer Amy Pascal told Variety that a fourth Spider-Man film starring Holland and Zendaya is still in progress.

Zendaya celebrates Tom Holland’s 27th birthday with ‘sexiest’ pictures

Zendaya celebrated Holland's 27th birthday on Thursday, June 1, with two never-before-seen photos posted to her Instagram Stories. In the first image, he was seen submerged in the sea with his hands coming out of the water to form a heart. Zendaya gave the image a cute touch by adding a red heart between his hands. The second picture showed Holland flashing a wide smile while standing on rocks in front of the ocean, keeping it casual in shorts, a t-shirt, and sneakers.

In celebration of his birthday, Holland also shared a photo of himself wearing swimwear, a vest, a helmet, and goggles while clutching water shoes. "Thank you for all the wonderful birthday messages. A gift from me to you. I thought I'd share possibly the sexiest picture ever taken of me! #sexyiestmanalive,” he captioned the post. The ‘Dune’ star gave her stamp of approval, leaving a heart eye emoji underneath.