Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How tall is Victor Wembanyama? NBA star was trolled for his towering height after being featured on Sports Illustrated cover

2023-09-29 14:47
Victor Wembanyama has played for six different clubs in the National Basketball Association
How tall is Victor Wembanyama? NBA star was trolled for his towering height after being featured on Sports Illustrated cover

Full NameVictor Wembanyama
Date of Birth January 4, 2004
Age 19 (as of 2023)
Place of BirthLe Chesnay, France
Nationality French
Height 7 ft and 4 in (2.23 m) approx
Weight 104.3 kgs (230 lbs) approx
Marital StatusUnmarried
Net Worth$1.5 Million
Eye ColorLight Brown

LE CHESNAY, FRANCE: French NBA star Victor Wembanyama, stands 7 feet and 4 inches, (2.23 m/ 223 cm) tall and he weighs around 104.3 kgs (230 lbs), according to Sporting News.

Victor Wembanyama, or Wemby as he is known to his fans, is currently considered one of the most talented young stars in the world.

But it's not just his height that has the entire NBA world buzzing, it's his skill set backed up by incredible shooting, ball handling and defensive abilities.

Wemby currently plays for the San Antonio Spurs in the National Basketball Association (NBA).

Victor Wembanyama or Shaquille O’Neal: Who is taller?

NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal or Shaq's height is 7 feet and 1 inches (2.16 m/ 216 cm), making him 3 inches shorter than that of Victor Wembanyama's height.

O'Neal is a former professional basketball player. He is currently a sports analyst on the TV program 'Inside the NBA.'

He is a four-time NBA champion who has played for six different clubs in the National Basketball Association (NBA) throughout the course of his 19-year career.

Now that Victor Wembanyama is poised to rule the league and alter how the game is played, many are attempting to make comparisons between him and Shaq.

Not only in terms of how Wembanyama and O'Neal play but rather in terms of how both players add something entirely original to the game.

According to reports, back in June 2023, while making an appearance on the Rich Eisen Show, O'Neal stated that he's more familiar with Wembanyama's game, and is quite impressed.

He said, “I say really fast [he can adapt to the NBA] because the guys are not playing down low anymore. Guys are not playing physical anymore. They’re switching one through five. He’s a pick-and-pop guy. He can shoot pretty good. He’s like a 7-foot-4 Kevin Durant, so I think he can acclimate very, very quickly."

He added, “And he’s with the master. Like, having a kid like that go to ‘The System’? That’s what I call the Spurs, ‘The System.’ Having a kid like that go to ‘The System,’ I think people better watch out.”

'Victor Wembanyama doesn't need extra height'

Back in February, this year, Sports Illustrated revealed that Victor Wembanyama will be on the cover of their March issue, which is a huge deal for the NBA's top prospect.

However, upon seeing this, social media users trolled the young star for his huge height. A user wrote, "What did they feed him man."

The second user wrote, "All I see is a taller chet." While the third user wrote, "Why is bro wearing air forces he don’t need no extra height."

He rocked an all-white outfit and led on a corner of two walls while giving off a relaxed feel to his cover for Sports Illustrated.

Additionally, his journey to the NBA was also talked about in the magazine's issue.

Tags news