Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Savannah Guthrie's new gig all about? 'Today' host admits being 'shocked' over major career step

2023-08-06 14:24
Savannah Guthrie, alongside her co-hosts Hoda Kotb, Al Roker, and Carson Daly, delivered the exciting news from outside the 'Today' plaza
What is Savannah Guthrie's new gig all about? 'Today' host admits being 'shocked' over major career step

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: 'Today' show's Savannah Guthrie recently made a significant career announcement to her co-hosts and fans. Overflowing with excitement, she couldn't contain her enthusiasm while delivering the news and was absolutely head over heels for the exciting development.

During a recent episode, Guthrie revealed that she’s the first ever person to be on the cover of the Allrecipes magazine, a publication dedicated to everything food and cooking. The publication is an extension of the popular website Allrecipes.com, a vast online community and recipe platform where home cooks from around the world share and discover recipes.

Savannah Guthrie becomes the first cover star of the Allrecipes magazine

On Friday, August 4, Guthrie alongside her co-hosts Hoda Kotb, Al Roker, and Carson Daly, shared that she’s the new cover star for the Allrecipes magazine, which earlier only had food images on its cover. The 'Today' anchors stood outside the morning show plaza while making the announcement. Kotb said, "To celebrate its 10-year anniversary, Allrecipes magazine asked Savannah to be their first-ever cover star!" before saying, "She talks about her journey as an amateur chef. She shares Vale and Charley’s favorite breakfast recipes."

Moreover, Kotb and Daly couldn't contain their excitement as they admired the new cover model. Kotb gushed, saying, "Look at you!" and Carson stated, "That's amazing!" Guthrie, overwhelmed with the thrilling news, found it hard to articulate her feelings and eventually admitted, "No one's more shocked than me." Later, Guthrie took to Instagram to share pictures from her magazine spread and treated her followers to a behind-the-scenes video from the photoshoot, giving them a glimpse into the exciting experience. In the caption, she wrote, "Thank you thank you thank you @allrecipes for the honor of being on your cover!!"

Savannah Guthrie helped Hoda Kotb to reveal the co-host's upcoming book

Earlier this week, Guthrie took on a similar role for Kotb as she helped her co-host, who is a mother of two daughters, to announce her exciting career news. Kotb revealed that her new children’s book is on the way, saying, "A few years back, I wrote the book, I’ve Loved You Since Forever, and it was inspired by the birth of my daughter Haley. So, I’m bursting because I have a book coming out next March, and it’s inspired by my youngest daughter, Hope." Kotb went on to explain that the book is about "really looking for hope all around yourself," showing off the bright and beautiful cover of the upcoming book.

Guthrie then asked her co-host a bit more about the story, to which Kotb replied, "It was based on my daughter, who, of course, I had dreamt of her and hoped for her, and her name just fell in. And she just reminds me that hope is around every corner. No matter what you go through, no matter what hardship you endure." Kotb mentioned that she finished writing the book before her four-year-old daughter, Hope, fell ill a few months ago, adding that her daughter is "on the mend" as of now.