Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'3D without the glasses': Christopher Nolan fans highly hyped as 'Oppenheimer' promises an IMAX spectacle

2023-06-03 15:52
'The headline, for me, is by shooting on IMAX 70mm film, you're really letting the screen disappear,' Christopher Nolan said
'3D without the glasses': Christopher Nolan fans highly hyped as 'Oppenheimer' promises an IMAX spectacle

SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO: Christopher Nolan certainly made sure that 'Oppenheimer' viewers have the best possible experience when watching on the big screen. Nolan made sure to use the highest definition film cameras available when filming in and around the New Mexico cities of Los Alamos and Santa Fe.

The IMAX film rolls that Nolan used to capture the entirety of 'Oppenheimer' measure up to 11 miles in length and weigh up to 600 pounds, according to Associated Press. Nolan said he wanted to make sure his most recent film was "a showstopper" in every manner. The director used a combination of IMAX 65mm and Panavision 65mm cameras to shoot his most recent project in order to get the best quality feasible.

'You're really letting the screen disappear'

Nolan explained his justification for going to such extent as he said, "The sharpness and the clarity and the depth of the image is unparalleled. The headline, for me, is by shooting on IMAX 70mm film, you're really letting the screen disappear," according to Associated Press.

"You're getting a feeling of 3D without the glasses. You've got a huge screen and you're filling the peripheral vision of the audience. You're immersing them in the world of the film," Nolan concluded. He has been using IMAX cameras ever since he started shooting 'The Dark Knight'.

'I can't wait to see what Nolan delivers with this format'

On YouTube, many people shared their thoughts about the high definition shooting with one person writing, "Hollywood and entire film industry owe's Chris for creating this format for non documentary films and giving it worldwide experience."

Another person wrote, "I already pre ordered my IMAX 70mm tickets at the AMC Lincoln Square IMAX theater with one of the few true IMAX 70mm projectors left in the world. I can't wait to see what Nolan delivers with this format."

A third person wrote, "Nolen always utilizes the 100% potential of the IMAX Camaras for his Master class Movies. I am very highly hyped." Another individual wrote, "I'm calling it. This is getting Oscar wins for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Director and Best Cinematography."

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online