Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'She was 17, I was 40': Joe Biden's cringeworthy joke about Eva Longoria at 'Flamin' Hot' screening

2023-06-17 02:54
Eva Longoria's film 'Flamin' Hot' tells the story of Richard Montanez who claimed to be the inventor of Flamin' Hot Cheetos
'She was 17, I was 40': Joe Biden's cringeworthy joke about Eva Longoria at 'Flamin' Hot' screening

WASHINGTON, DC: President Joe Biden made an embarrassing joke that was laughed at by the crowd during a White House screening of actress and director Eva Longoria's new movie telling her he had known her for "a long time". Biden grasped both Longoria's and First Lady Jill Biden's hands as they made their way out onto the South Lawn.

Biden said, "She was 17, I was 40," in reference to their longtime friendship as per Daily Mail. Longoria's film 'Flamin' Hot' tells the story of Richard Montanez who claimed to be the inventor of Flamin' Hot Cheetos before a 2021 Los Angeles Times investigation debunked his claims.

'It's a dream I didn't even know I had'

'It's a dream I didn't even know I had,' she told the crowd. She continued by stating that she has worked with Biden for "many, many years." Longoria added, "And it has always been a great joy." She continued, "We share so much. He's been a champion for working people in search of the American dream."

Longoria told the crowd, "As you may have heard already, Richard Montanez disrupted the food industry in the '90s by channeling his Mexican-American heritage to help turn Flamin' Hot Cheetos into a multi-billion dollar brand today and a cultural phenomenon." She continued, "We're telling a story that celebrates the American entrepreneurial dream without sidestepping the fact that the dream isn't available in the same way for everyone."

'There's going to be a lot more Richard Montaezes ready'

Claiming the film was authentic, Longoria said, "...we worked hard to produce this authentic film steeped in inclusion - both in front of and behind the cameras." Longoria remarked in response to Biden, "There's going to be a lot more Richard Montaezes ready and waiting to take their shot to make history." Los Angeles Times, however, has punched holes in the story. The publication made Frito-Lay say on record that Richard was involved in any capacity in the 'Flamin' Hot' test market.

The company, as per the report, also conducted internal investigations into Montanez's claims as the company stated to the Times, "None of our records show that Richard was involved in any capacity in the 'Flamin' Hot' test market." The statement added, "We have interviewed multiple personnel who were involved in the test market, and all of them indicate that Richard was not involved in any capacity in the test market." Before adding, "That doesn't mean we don't celebrate Richard, but the facts do not support the urban legend."

Montaez told people he invented hot cheese twists

The publication found in 1989, a group of experts in the field of snack food in Plano, Texas, developed Flamin' Hot Cheetos. According to the article, a junior employee called Lynne Greenfeld was tasked to build the brand and came up with the name. However, in the early 2000s, Montaez began telling people that he invented hot cheese twists. He reportedly stated that after a machine broke down, he brought home a batch of unflavored Cheetos and flavored them himself, giving them the spice and zest of Mexican food.

Tags news