Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

For the Love of 'Erin': How Matthew Perry and Briana Brancato found a once-in-a-lifetime friendship cut short by tragedy

2023-10-31 12:49
'Friends' star Matthew Perry died at age 54 at his Los Angeles home from apparent drowning
For the Love of 'Erin': How Matthew Perry and Briana Brancato found a once-in-a-lifetime friendship cut short by tragedy

PACIFIC PALISADES, LOS ANGELES: 'Friends' star Matthew Perry's sudden death stunned the world and left devastated his friends, family, and close members especially, his rumored girlfriend, Briana Brancato.

Perry and Brancato met at a rehab clinic and soon got along over their shared struggles with addiction.

Brancato, who was also Perry's personal assistant, supported 'Friends' star at the lowest moment of his life and remained with him until his death.

Although Brancato stood with Perry during his worst days, she had never imagined she would ever find him lying unresponsive in the jacuzzi.

Brancato reportedly found Perry underwater in his hot tub and lifted his head up to try to get him some air but he was already dead.

Perry had a turbulent dating history as he had been in a relationship with multiple celebrities. Unfortunately, Perry's relationship didn't last long and dramatically ended.

Perry failed to find his forever partner, but the late 'Friends' star did find his 'best friend' whom he called 'Erin' for his lifetime. Perry and Brancato knew each other for several years but had never been in a romantic relationship.

In his memoir, 'Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing', Perry revealed that Brancato quickly became one of his closest companions but his relationship with his assistant 'Erin's bond was never sexual.'

Matthew Perry dubs Briana Brancato 'best friend' in his memoir

Matthew Perry's personal assistant and close friend, Briana Brancato, supported him during his sobriety. In his memoir, Perry revealed that Brancato quit smoking with him 'because she remains the single nicest person in the world.'

Perry has mentioned Brancato in his memoir as 'Erin' and devoted the last passage in the final pages of his memoir to her. He shared in the passage that Erin had always been there when he needed her.

He also revealed that Erin saved his life at the rehab when his 'insides exploded'. He also noted that Erin saves his life every day and he didn't know what he could do without her.

Matthew Perry claims Briana Brancato 'saved' his life

'Friends' star Matthew Perry had multiple ups and downs throughout his life especially when he was in sobriety. But he always had Briana Brancato's back during his struggles.

Perry revealed in his memoir that Brancato saved his life in 2019 when staff at a rehab tried to stop him from going to the hospital after his colon exploded. Perry shared that Brancato pushed the nurses and bundled him into her car.

Brancato drove the car as fast as she could which left Perry 'drifted out of consciousness'. However, Brancato stayed by Perry's bedside for five months.

Briana Brancato pens a touching tribute to 'Friends' star Matthew Perry

Matthew Perry's former assistant Briana Brancato aka Erin took to her social media and penned a touching tribute to the late 'Friends' actor. Brancato shared a series of photos and videos with Perry and recalled their time together after his death.

Brancato captioned the post, "I've expressed my deepest gratitude to him on numerous occasions, not only for guiding me into a career I cherish but also for allowing me to take care of him for 7 years."

She further wrote, "Along [with] the countless other experiences I'm thankful for. From witnessing him in his genius to sharing in his worldly adventures living around the world, he took me on a remarkable journey."

Brancato wrote her 'heart is heavy' but believes that "celebrating my memories is the most profound way to honor his legacy." She concluded the tribute while writing, "I hope that up there, in the great beyond, Mattman is sending us signs. We truly need them. You'll forever be in my heart. 💔🕊️ I love you Matty."

Tags news