Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Wayne Brady's ex-wife? 'Let's Make A Deal' host receives support from family as he comes out as pansexual

2023-08-08 09:58
Wayne Brady said that after doing a lot of introspection, he has discovered that the term 'pansexual' best describes who he is
Who is Wayne Brady's ex-wife? 'Let's Make A Deal' host receives support from family as he comes out as pansexual

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Wayne Brady, the 'Let's Make a Deal' host, discusses his lengthy journey to self-discovery and how his daughter and ex-wife are giving him acceptance. "I love all people equally, and that now includes myself," Brady said.

Wayne is the most recent star to discuss his sexuality. "I am pansexual," the actor and television personality told People. Pansexuals are people who are romantically, emotionally, and/or sexually attracted to people of all gender identities. He also discussed the support he has received from his ex-wife and daughter as he embarks on this path.

Who is Wayne Brady's ex-wife?

Mandie Adell Taketa is an actress, fitness model, yoga instructor, and martial artist from the United States. She is the ex-wife of actor and comedian Wayne. Mandie, a native of Hawaii, was trained in martial arts by her father and began fighting and officiating in martial arts contests at an early age. She also enjoyed dancing and was awarded a full dance scholarship from the University of Hawaii. She chose, however, to relocate to Los Angeles and pursue a career in dance and acting.

Her acting debut was in the indie comedy film 'ManBand! the Movie' in 2007. In April 1999, Mandie married Wayne. They have a daughter, whom they welcomed in February 2003. They agreed to raise their daughter jointly after their divorce in April 2008. As a result, she finally relocated to Wayne's area. Mandie is not a frequent user of social media. She does have an Instagram account, which she occasionally updates.

From 'The Wayne Brady Show' to 'Let's Make A Deal,' the five-time Emmy winner and multi-hyphenate spent most of his twenties and thirties carving out a name for himself. His work on those series, as well as 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' served to popularize improv comedy while also paving the way for the next generation of Black comedians and innovators.

Wayne was married during some of his most significant successes. He married Mandie in April 1999 and divorced her in July 2007. They have a daughter, Maile Masako Brady, 20, and are still close friends. The ex-couple also co-owns a production firm. When Mandie and her boyfriend, Jason Fordham, adopted a child together, the exes' bond grew even stronger. Wayne felt privileged to assist in co-parenting the new addition to the family.

'Knew coming out would help him be happier'

Wayne is speaking up about his sexuality and himself as a pansexual. In a recent interview, the 'Let's Make a Deal' host discussed his process of accepting his identity. "I am pansexual," Wayne told People in an interview. "Bisexual — with an open mind," he added.

Wayne stated that he had done research and was unsure whether he could decide if he was bisexual "because I had to really see what that was, especially because I really have not gotten a chance to act on anything."

“So, I came to pansexual because — and I know that I’m completely messing up the dictionary meaning — but to me, pan means being able to be attracted to anyone who identifies as gay, straight, bi, transsexual, or non-binary. Being able to be attracted across the board,” he continued. “And, I think, at least for me for right now, that is the proper place. I took pan to mean that not only can I be attracted to any of these people or types physically, but I could be attracted to the person that is there," he added.

Wayne's ex-wife, Mandie, was the first person Wayne told, and she thought it was "great" because she "knew coming out would help him be happier." Maile, Wayne's daughter, likewise answered "Okay" when her father came out to her.

"I’m still coming together. But if I’m healthy, then I can go onstage at 'Let’s Make A Deal' and be the best Wayne Brady that everybody wants and expects," Wayne added in the interview. "I can be the best dad that Maile needs. I can be the best friend to Mandie, the best son to my mother, and one day, the best partner to someone, because I’m doing this for me. Not dating yet, though! [Laughs] I am single, but it’s not about being with someone right now. I’ve got some work to do still. Then, Wayne, as a single, open-minded pansexual, can make a decision and be free and open to other people,” Wayne said.