Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan and Dwayne Johnson's past conflicts explored following their 'JRE' podcast discussion

2023-11-23 19:29
Dwayne Johnson once withdrew his support from Joe Rogan after his controversy over using a racist word on his podcast
Joe Rogan and Dwayne Johnson's past conflicts explored following their 'JRE' podcast discussion

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan, the well-known UFC commentator and host of the 'JRE' podcast, recently had a noteworthy conversation with actor Dwayne Johnson on his podcast.

However, the episode stirred up controversy, with many expressing disbelief that the two personalities, who have a history of feuding with each other, sat together in the same room to have a polite conversation.

The podcast episode featuring Joe Rogan and Johnson faced significant scrutiny, especially from YouTuber Chael Sonnen, who described the conversation as "awkward."

Sonnen shared his opinion, suggesting that he believed the personas of Rogan and Johnson during the episode were not genuine but rather imitations of their true selves.

Dwayne Johnson withdrew support from Joe Rogan after 'N-word' scandal

During the pandemic, both Rogan and Spotify faced criticism for allegedly spreading misinformation. Despite the controversy, Johnson had expressed support for Rogan at that time.

However, another scandal unfolded when singer-songwriter India Arie compiled a video highlighting instances of Rogan using racially inappropriate language, including the use of the n-word over 20 times on his podcast.

In response to the backlash, Rogan issued a video statement as per The Guardian, acknowledging his mistakes, stating, “I can’t go back in time and change what I said. I wish I could."

He added, "Obviously that’s not possible, but I do hope this could be a teachable moment for anybody that doesn’t realise how offensive that word could be coming out of a white person’s mouth, in context or out of context."

Following this, Johnson faced criticism from fans for his initial support of Rogan, prompting him to withdraw his endorsement.

In a tweet, he admitted, "I hear you, as well as everyone here 100% I was not aware of his N-word use prior to my comments, but now I’ve become educated to his complete narrative. Learning moment for me."

Joe Rogan accused Dwayne Johnson of using steroids

In December 2022, Rogan accused Johnson of using steroids. During an episode of JRE, Rogan asserted that Johnson's physique is not naturally attained and urged him to be transparent with the public.

Drawing a comparison between Johnson and the 'Liver King', a fitness influencer named Brian Johnson, Rogan highlighted that the 'Liver King' had previously promoted a healthy lifestyle but later admitted to using steroids to maintain his physique, leading to a shift in public perception.

Joe Rogan stated, “The Rock should come clean right now. He should make a video in response to the Liver King video like, 'I need to talk to you' because The Rock’s been lying."

He then went on to add, "There’s not a f**king chance in hell he’s clean, not a chance in hell as big as The Rock is at 50. The point is you can’t even get there with HRT (hormone replacement therapy)."

He continued, "That’s not HRT. He is so massive and he’s so different than he was when he was 30.” Johnson did not respond to Rogan's accusations.

Neither celebrity discussed their past feuds during the recent 'JRE' podcast episode either but instead, had a workout session together.

Tags news