Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What did Serena Williams name her baby? Tennis star announces birth of second daughter with husband Alexis Ohanian

2023-08-23 05:58
Serena Williams shared a video of her and Alexis Ohanian embracing and kissing each other before their firstborn, Olympia, jumps into her arms
What did Serena Williams name her baby? Tennis star announces birth of second daughter with husband Alexis Ohanian

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Tennis star Serena Williams’ has welcomed second daughter with husband Alexis Ohanian. The couple has named their baby Adira River Ohanian.

Williams announced the birth of her second daughter on TikTok Tuesday, Page Six reports.

She shared a video of her and Ohanian embracing and kissing each other before their firstborn, Olympia, jumps into her arms.

How did Williams announce the birth of her second daughter?

Williams then went to get their newborn who was wrapped in a baby blanket. She wrote “Welcome my beautiful angel” in the caption of the video.

@serena

Welcome my beautiful angel

♬ original sound - Serenawilliams

Her husband also revealed the baby’s name on his Instagram. He posted a photo of Olympia meeting her baby sister and wrote, “I’m grateful to report our house is teaming with love: a happy & healthy newborn girl and happy & healthy mama. Feeling grateful. @serenawilliams you’ve now given me another incomparable gift — you’re the GMOAT.

"Thanks to all the amazing medical staff who took care of my wife & our daughter 🙏 I’ll never forget the moment I introduced @olympiaohanian to her baby sister.”

He ended his note with a Bible verse: “Your peace would have been like a river, your well-being like the waves of the sea.”

Why does Alexis Ohanian call Serena Williams GMOAT?

GMOAT stands for 'Greatest Mother Of All Time,' a variation of GOAT (Greatest Of All Time), which is often used to describe Williams’ achievements in tennis.

Williams surprised her fans with her pregnancy in May when she showed up to the Met Gala with a baby bump. She said that Anna Wintour invited the three of them.

She also shared a video of Olympia’s reaction to the news. The toddler said: “Are you kidding me? Oh my God, I’m so excited.”

Williams and Ohanian welcomed Olympia in September 2017. The new mother had a near-fatal C-section and a blood clot in her lungs.

How did Serena Williams cope with the near-fatal complications of her first pregnancy?

She said in an Elle essay that being heard and appropriately treated was the difference between life and death for her.

She “fought hard” to get nurses to listen to her fears and do a CAT scan where a blood clot was discovered in Williams’ lungs.

“They needed to insert a filter into my veins to break up the clot before it reached my heart,” she recalled.

Her husband said that watching Williams go through the complications was traumatizing, according to Guardian.

Two years later, they decided to give Olympia a younger sibling. Williams said that she wanted to retire from tennis before getting pregnant again.

She said: “I definitely don’t want to be pregnant again as an athlete. I need to be two feet into tennis or two feet out.”

Williams and Ohanian have been married since November 2017.

Tags news