Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mark Wahlberg says 'good things' started to happen after he found God

2023-05-12 20:56
Mark Wahlberg, a devout Catholic, starred in 'Father Stu', a film based on the actual tale of a boxer who became a Catholic priest, in 2022
Mark Wahlberg says 'good things' started to happen after he found God

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Mark Wahlberg remarked that after he started putting his "faith and focus on God," "good things" began to happen to him. In a recent interview, the 51-year-old actor stated that his religion is the most important thing to him, aside from his family, and that he would not have been able to manage the difficult times without it.

"I attribute everything good and everything positive in life to my faith. As soon as I started putting my faith and focus on God, good things started happening for me," Wahlberg told Fox News. He added, "And even when they didn't, it gives you the coping skills to deal with things that are inevitable, like loss and failure and those things. But, you know, again, my faith and my family, those are the most important aspects of my life," as reported by Dailywire.

READ MORE

'I didn’t need that': Mark Wahlberg was once charged with attempted murder after attacking two Asian men

Mark Wahlberg visits Stop & Shop where he bagged groceries for $3.65 an hour years before amassing $400M fortune

'My kids are doing fantastic'

The 'Uncharted' star also discussed how his family is coping after moving from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. "My kids are doing fantastic," added Wahlberg. "I wish I would've made the move sooner... I spent a lot of time in Los Angeles pursuing my own career goals." "And, so, to be able to now put them in a position where they can pursue theirs, their interests, it's definitely the right thing to do, and it's long overdue," he continued, as per reports.

Wahlberg starred in 'Father Stu', a film based on the actual tale of a boxer who became a Catholic priest in 2022. The actor, a fervent Catholic, said the project was "his calling" and "mission." Wahlberg and his wife, Rhea Durham, have four children together and have been married since 2009. Their eldest child is 19 years old, and their youngest is 12, as reported by Dailywire.

Wahlberg's career

Mark Wahlberg is one of the few who successfully transitioned from a young pop idol to a famous actor. Wahlberg, who was an Oscar contender for Best Supporting Actor for 'The Departed' (2006), went on to receive critical accolades for his work in 'The Fighter' (2010). Also a solid comedic actor, Wahlberg's role in 'Ted' (2012) won him more praise, as reported by IMDb.

Tags news epcelebs