Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire's bromance: Hollywood best friends spotted hanging out around Paris

2023-06-25 19:57
'We can joke with each other about competition but are supportive,' Tobey Maguire once said about his friendship with Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire's bromance: Hollywood best friends spotted hanging out around Paris

PARIS, FRANCE: Tobey Maguire, Leonardo DiCaprio, and the latter's rumored girlfriend Neelam Gill were spotted hanging out together on Friday night, June 23. The longtime best friends were seen leaving the Hotel Costes in the first arrondissement of Paris before going to a late-night supper at Loulou on the Rue de Rivoli in the French capital.

The 'Titanic' actor, 48, the 'Pleasantville' actor, 47, and Gill, 28, were joined by Maguire's daughter Ruby, 16, his son Otis, 14, and DiCaprio's niece Normandie, 16. The actor duo had dinner with two other male friends from 10.30 pm until 12.30 am, and both wore jeans with black T-shirts for their outing. During the dinner, Maguire displayed his still-impressive head of hair while DiCaprio wore his customary black Los Angeles Dodgers baseball cap.

When did Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire first meet?

DiCaprio and Maguire, who both resided in Los Angeles, were raised by single mothers and met when they were both about 12 years old. Various family members raised Maguire after his parents divorced when he was just three. Apparently, DiCaprio saw Maguire for the first time as he was riding in the back of his mother's car and saw him strolling down the street. DiCaprio once remarked, "I literally jumped out of the car. Tobey! Tobey! Hey! Hey!' And he was like, 'Oh, yeah — I know you. You're that guy.' But I just made him my pal. When I want someone to be my friend, I just make them my friend."

Even though DiCaprio and Maguire both rose to fame in Hollywood around the same time and most likely went in for the same parts, it never stopped them from having a solid friendship that stands to date. Together, they appeared in the 2013 rendition of 'The Great Gatsby', with Maguire playing the character of Nick Carraway and DiCaprio playing the title character of Gatsby.

'I think we have a lot of confidence in our own individual paths'

Maguire has spoken publicly about his connection with DiCaprio and highlighted that the two did not much care what other people thought of their antics. He said, "We're both really competitive people. I think we have a lot of confidence in our own individual paths, so whether it's with each other or other friends of ours, we root for them. We're fans of our greatest competitors. We can joke with each other about competition but are supportive. I have a whole bunch of friends like that. I'm glad that's the culture of my group," as reported by Farout.

Maguire was spotted again with his children and DiCaprio's niece, and he presented a very relaxed image while wearing a baseball cap, a pair of Nike shorts, and a T-shirt. He also had a fair amount of facial hair. Later the 'Spider-Man' actor was seen coming out of a shiny SUV with bulging brown paper bags that may have contained takeout food, and he seemed to be in good spirits. DiCaprio, in contrast, emerged from the shadows wearing a scruffy half-sleeved shirt and shorts, hiding his face with a mask and a tipped-down Los Angeles Dodgers baseball cap, as reported by Daily Mail.

Tags news