Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Taylor Swift drops live version and remix of Cruel Summer

2023-10-19 17:18
Taylor Swift has treated fans to the live version and a brand new remix of 'Cruel Summer'.
Taylor Swift drops live version and remix of Cruel Summer

Taylor Swift has released two new versions of mega-hit 'Cruel Summer'.

Amid the record-breaking success of the 'Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour' concert film, the pop superstar has been left blown away by the fans dancing and even "getting engaged" at the cinema showings.

And she wants Swifties to be able to "shriek" and dance along to fan-favourite 'Cruel Summer', so she's releasing the live version from her tour and a remix by DJ LP Giobbi.

Thanking her fans for the epic response, she wrote on Instagram: “What a truly mind blowing thing you’ve turned The Eras Tour Concert Film into. I’ve been watching videos of you guys in the theaters dancing and prancing and recreating choreography, creating inside jokes, casting spells, getting engaged, and just generally creating the exact type of joyful chaos we’re known for.

"One of my favorite things you’ve done was when you supported ‘Cruel Summer’ SO much, I ended up starting The Eras Tour show with it. For old times sake, I’m releasing the live audio from the tour so we can all shriek it in the comfort of our homes and cars PLUS a brand new remix by @lpgiobbi. Thank you, so much, forever, wow, just thank you!!! (sic)"

The film was recorded over the first three nights that Taylor played at California's SoFi stadium in the summer.

Taylor's tour is due to resume in South America in November before heading to the UK in the summer of 2024.

The remix and live version of ‘Cruel Summer’ comes almost a week before the 'Anti-Hero' hitmaker releases '1989 (Taylor's Version)' on October 27.

So far, Taylor has released the re-recordings 'Fearless (Taylor's Version'), 'Red (Taylor's Version)' and 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version)'.

The 'Shake It Off' singer is re-recording the six albums she released on Big Machine Records after Scooter Braun acquired the label and took ownership of her masters.