Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Johnny Depp wanted Amber Heard 'barefoot and pregnant' but she did not want children with an 'addict'

2023-06-17 19:25
'I remember her telling me that he wanted her 'barefoot and pregnant – and at home,' Amber Heard's acting coach, Kristina Sexton, said during the trial
Johnny Depp wanted Amber Heard 'barefoot and pregnant' but she did not want children with an 'addict'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a surprising turn of events, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard have reached a resolution as part of the defamation lawsuit, with the latter's insurer stepping in to cover the $M settlement to Depp. However, before their legal battle, Heard made headlines when she announced the arrival of her daughter, Oonagh Paige Heard, born through a surrogate in 2021.

This unexpected revelation ignited speculation about whether the once-inseparable couple ever discussed the possibility of growing their family. While Depp had children from a previous relationship, the question remains, did he desire a future with more children with Heard?

'As far as having more kids, it's easy for me'

Heard stated in her announcement that she had made the decision to have a child approximately four years ago, around the time her divorce from Depp was finalized. "I wanted to do it on my own terms," she wrote on Instagram, adding, "I hope we arrive at a point in which it’s normalized to not want a ring in order to have a crib...My daughter was born on April 8, 2021. Her name is Oonagh Paige Heard. She’s the beginning of the rest of my life."

Depp, on the other hand, expressed his willingness to have children if that was what Heard desired. "As far as having more kids, it's easy for me – and Amber should have the opportunity to have kids if she wants," the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star told ET in 2014. "Let’s face it, practicing for it is fun, and it’s all wonderful," he said, even jokingly mentioning his willingness to have a "hundred" children as he was fond of them.

'I don’t want to have kids with an addict!'

During Depp's libel case against The Sun, Heard's acting coach, Kristina Sexton, testified about an alleged conversation. Sexton claimed Heard told her that Depp wanted her to be "barefoot and pregnant – and at home" during their marriage. According to Sexton, Heard expressed concerns about having a child with an addict, referencing Depp's struggles with addiction. "Amber and I talked about his addictions: she really wanted to stay and help him get better. She told me that he really wanted them to have children, but she was concerned about having a child with someone who was an addict," Sexton stated.

"I remember her telling me that he wanted her 'barefoot and pregnant – and at home' and her saying, 'I'm not going off the pill. I don’t want to have kids with an addict.' We had this conversation a number of times over the course of their relationship." Sexton said. While she confirmed she never witnessed Depp acting violently towards Heard, she did engage in conversations about the alleged abuse inflicted by Depp upon Heard during their marriage. Although, this revelation does suggest that, during the early days of their marriage, Heard and Depp had shared aspirations about starting a family.