Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Anything over 2.5 carats is tacky': 'RHONY' star Bethenny Frankel faces backlash over flaunting massive diamond engagement ring

2023-06-22 12:29
'RHONY' star Bethenny Frankel has been engaged to Paul Bernon since 2021 and recently took to social media to show off her ring
'Anything over 2.5 carats is tacky': 'RHONY' star Bethenny Frankel faces backlash over flaunting massive diamond engagement ring

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Reality TV star Bethenny Frankel and Paul Bernon got engaged in February 2021 after meeting through a dating app and being together for three years. This marked a significant milestone in their relationship. The joyous occasion coincided with the finalization of Bethenny's divorce from Jason Hoppy, her spouse of 11 years. While Bethenny initially filed for divorce in 2013, it wasn't until January 2021 that their separation officially concluded. Just a few months into her engagement, the ecstatic fiancee couldn't help but express her adoration for Paul in an interview with People.

More than two years after the engagement, former 'RHONY' star Bethenny Frankel took to Instagram on June 21 to share a close-up video showing her stunning, oversized engagement ring. However, fans wasted no time calling her out for what they perceived as excessive flaunting of her ring, sparking a debate among her followers.

Bethenny Frankel shares new and bigger engagement ring

Bethenny, the former star of 'The Real Housewives of New York City', continues to show off her colossal engagement ring even though she got engaged more than two years ago. The 52-year-old took to Instagram, playfully sharing a video of her ring from her fiance, Paul Bernon, along with the viral TikTok audio of Angel Laketa Moore's song 'One Margarita'. In the caption, Bethenny reacted to the explicit lyrics, jokingly expressing her concern about what they might mean for her. "Kind of scared about what this might mean for me," she playfully remarked. As the song's lyrics played, the video showcased a one-carat ring for the "one margarita" segment and a two-carat ring for the "two margaritas" part, followed by a ring with a much bigger diamond. After she shared the video with her 3.2 million followers, many took to the comments section to react to the close-up view of her dazzling diamond.

'This is just too braggy'

Bethenny's decision to flaunt her dazzling ring on social media did not sit well with her followers. One expressed their own perspective, stating, "I have a huge diamond too, but I'm never showy about it or try to show off what I own." Another shared their opinion on diamond size, commenting, "I personally think anything over 5 carats looks fake AF, even if I know it's real." Concerns were raised about Bethenny's past experiences, with a follower stating, "After your divorce, there should not be a diamond big enough on this planet that would bind you in marriage again. Just saying." Suggesting a more modest approach, another follower advised, "Too big! Too much responsibility and not safe to wear for you! 1 carat is best." Criticism continued as one follower described the ring as "the most tacky emerald-cut diamond ring" they had ever seen, adding, "The bigger the diamond, the more it looks like it came from a bubblegum machine! Anything over 2.5 carats is tacky."