Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When will Jada Pinkett Smith's memoir release? Actress says writing 'Worthy' was 'emotionally taxing'

2023-08-25 16:20
Jada Pinkett Smith said that writing 'Worthy' has 'been emotionally taxing, but it's really technical'
When will Jada Pinkett Smith's memoir release? Actress says writing 'Worthy' was 'emotionally taxing'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jada Pinkett Smith has put a lot of effort into her upcoming memoir 'Worthy', which will be published on October 17.

The 51-year-old 'Red Table Talk' host has acknowledged that dishing out to her 11.4 million Instagram followers is a lot of work.

What did Jada Pinkett Smith say about her memoir?

She said on Instagram that writing 'Worthy' has "been emotionally taxing, but it's really technical." In the days leading up to the release, she promised her fans, she would reveal the inner workings of her writing process.

Jada thanked her editor Kerry Thornton and her co-author Mim and teased her followers to "stay tuned" for more information about how she came up with the idea for 'Worthy'.

In the video, Jada said, "I can't wait to read [Kerry's] book," adding that she was also eager to buy Britney Spears and Barbra Streisand's books.

"We have some good reading this fall everybody," she exclaimed, encouraging her fellow A-listers to write while promoting 'Worthy'.

Since when did Jada Pinkett Smith start writing her memoir?

Before her husband Will Smith's infamous slap at the Oscars in February 2022, the 'Set It Off' actress reportedly started writing 'Worthy' back in December 2021.

The Maryland-born beauty told the outlet, "It was just like, the idea of being willing to take full responsibility for my story, through and through. And doing it with grace and love. For myself and for others."

The 'Fela!' musical producer added in jest, "I had so many people encourage me to write a book," joking that the book felt like "divine advice."

The 'Bad Moms' actress, however, needed some time to come to terms with the fact that her journey was "worthy" of being documented in a book, hence the title.

When will 'Worthy' be available in stores?

A 'Worthy' book tour will begin the day before Jada's memoir is released, beginning in New York City. The author of 'The Girls Hold Up This World' also expressed a desire to write her own memoir in order to reclaim her own story.

"So many people feel like they know my journey because of my talk show Red Table Talk," the 'Nutty Professor' star said.

"There's been so much about my journey that I haven't really been able to share on a format like Red Table Talk," she added.

'Worthy' will be available in bookstores nationwide on October 17, 2023, as reported by DailyMail.

Tags news epcelebs