Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Mama June break down into tears? Drama stirs up as Pumpkin brings up past argument about Honey Boo Boo's custody battle

2023-06-17 08:25
In the latest episode, Pumpkin and Mama June had an explosive argument over Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson's custody
Why did Mama June break down into tears? Drama stirs up as Pumpkin brings up past argument about Honey Boo Boo's custody battle

GORDON, GEORGIA: 'Mama June: Family Crisis' returned with a new episode and new drama. Viewers have seen Pumpkin get a pages-long text from Mama June during the previous episode. However, the tension between Mama June and her daughters reached a boiling point after Lauryn "Pumpkin" Efird ignored the reality TV mom's text.

In the latest episode, Pumpkin and Mama June had an explosive argument over Alana 'Honey Boo Boo' Thompson's custody. Pumpkin became the sole legal guardian of her little sister Honey Boo Boo in May 2022. Since then the relationship between mother and daughter has been strained. But Mama June is trying hard to repair her relationship with Pumpkin and Honey Boo Boo ahead of her wedding with Justin Stroud.

Pumpkin argues with Mama June over Honey Boo Boo's custody battle

Pumpkin showed the long text that June sent her in the previous episode. In the text, June informed her daughters how great she's doing and begged them to show up to her upcoming beach wedding so that she doesn't look stupid in front of her new hubby's family. As viewers recall, June previously gave Justin's mom and aunts the impression that her daughters actually loved her and are excited about her wedding. However, in the latest episode, June confronted Pumpkin and asked the reason behind not responding to her text. Pumpkin and June fell into an explosive argument. Pumpkin said, "I didn't respond to your text for a reason because as much as you don't want us to live in the past, you want everybody to just kinda forget."

The reality star asked, "Do you remember what you said to me in the lawyer's office where you signed that paperwork?" However, June admitted that she didn't remember the event that Pumpkin referenced. A throwback clip was later played, which showed Pumpkin and June sitting in the lawyer's office. Pumpkin asked, "Would you rather sign [the documents]?" June replied, "That's what I thought we are doing." However, the lawyer chimed into the discussion and explained, "I guess what she was asking is if you would prefer that they adopt her." June didn't even take a second and said, "Yes." Pumpkin then slammed June and said, "I would rather sign over my rights than give up any money!"

Mama June asks daughters to show efforts

Mama June was mad at her daughters as they didn't respond to her text, which read, "I'm sorry, please be my bridesmaids." She went all the way to Atlanta after discovering that the family was doing a meet-and-greet there. However, after Mama June crashed the meet-and-greet, Pumpkin made some serious allegations in an explosive feud with the reality star. Mama June reached the breaking point and started crying, saying, "I am not ever asking you to forget any f*****g thing."

With tears in her eyes, she continued, "Nobody... nobody... to forget anything that has happened in the past. I am not even asking you to forgive everything that I have done in the past." Mama June further expressed, "All I am asking is even halfway, that's all..."

New episodes of 'Mama June: Family Crisis' Season 6 premiere on Fridays at 9 pm ET on We TV. Additionally, you can watch new episodes every Tuesday on the AMC streaming service, ALLBLK.