Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

NBC 'Today' host Dylan Dreyer opens up on her family vacation mishap as she shares details about 'lost luggage'

2023-07-26 13:22
'We’re having a great time, there’s 16 of us and we’re laughing at (our luggage) at this point,' Dylan Dreyer explained
NBC 'Today' host Dylan Dreyer opens up on her family vacation mishap as she shares details about 'lost luggage'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Last weekend, ‘Today’ host Dylan Dreyer shared an airport mishap while traveling for vacation with her husband, Brian Fichera, and three sons, Calvin, Oliver, and Rusty. Recently, Dreyer went live from Italy to share an update on her ‘'lost luggage'’ after she revealed losing their entire luggage at Amsterdam airport.

On Tuesday, July 25 ‘Today’ broadcast, host Dylan Dreyer gave an update to the morning show fans and co-hosts Al Roker and Craig Melvin about the mishap. She took her time off from the show to travel with her family and friends, however, little did she know her excitement will go awry before touching down at the destination.

‘We’ve lost 13 pieces of luggage’

In a recent ‘Today’ episode, Dreyer went live to share the after story of her lost luggage. During Dreyer’s travel to vacation in Catania, Italy, the ‘Today’ meteorologist and her family experienced the common travel mishap of lost luggage, but on an extraordinary scale. "We're traveling with 16 people," Dylan explained, "We've lost 13 pieces of luggage." While her husband and sons received their bags, hers was nowhere to be found. She said, “I mean, I just went back to the airport today, I said, 'It says my luggage is here. They're like, 'Your luggage isn't here.' No idea where my luggage is." She then described how she thought of making the best of the situation. fashioning a dress from a hotel nightgown and her bathrobe tied around her waist. Dreyer revealed, “The hotel was nice enough to actually give us nightgowns and stuff. So I took my bathrobe, tied it around my waist, and untucked the nightgown a little bit, just to make myself a dress because I've been wearing the same pants since Friday. Just washing them in the sink, hanging them outside like they do here."

Amid the luggage mishap, the family also faced record-breaking temperatures, with the mercury soaring to 119 degrees in Italy. The extreme heat and smoke from wildfires forced them to alter their travel plans and avoid certain tours. She said, “It's the hottest temperature ever in Europe and we happen to be here," she said. "It's just too hot with the kids." Despite the challenges, Dreyer’s family embraced the adventure and enjoyed some morning tours before the temperature soared. Her son, Calvin, found delight in discovering "the best gluten-free pizza of his life,” adding “the biggest smile on his face."

With a sense of humor, Dreyer and her family embraced the situation, sharing laughter over their lost luggage. She added, “We’re having a great time. There’s 16 of us and we’re laughing at (our luggage) at this point." Despite the obstacles, they made the most of their vacation and cherished the precious moments spent together in Italy.

Dylan Dreyer’s luggage mishap fun

In a recent Instagram post, Dreyer shared a series of snaps from her trip to Italy. After losing their luggage, the group finally made it to Italy and managed to enjoy the trip without their things. She captioned the post, “Who needs luggage when you’ve got your family?? Laughing through lost luggage and extreme heat in Sicily! What a trip!”

Tags news