Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Martha Stewart join 'The Golden Bachelor'? Lifestyle mogul shares condition to join dating show

2023-05-19 09:48
After years of teasing, ABC has finally given the green light to its long-awaited senior citizen edition of 'The Bachelor'
Will Martha Stewart join 'The Golden Bachelor'? Lifestyle mogul shares condition to join dating show

WESTPORT, CONNECTICUT: Martha Stewart would consider appearing in a dating reality program if she could assure the men were hot. Hot off the heels of her Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue cover, the 81-year-old revealed whether she would join the new dating series, 'The Golden Bachelor'.

Love has no bounds, and the American ABC Network is set to demonstrate that with a bright new addition to their reality TV program. Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves, for 'The Golden Bachelor' is about to steal the hearts of seniors throughout the country and revolutionize the pursuit of love. After two decades of matching young people on series like 'The Bachelor,' 'The Bachelorette,' and 'Bachelor in Paradise,' ABC is ready to go on a new journey. 'The Golden Bachelor' promises a love story unlike any other, tailored for life's golden years.

RELATED ARTICLES

'You’ll see': Martha Stewart confirms plans on posting thirst trap pictures, says it will be 'good stuff'

'Not a man of his words': Ariel Frenkel slams 'The Bachelor' star Zach Shallcross for not being honest

Is Martha Stewart joining 'The Golden Bachelor'?

In the aftermath of her Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover, Martha chatted with Variety about her thoughts on joining a reality dating show. While the cuisine superstar is wary of the possibility, she hasn't said no to joining the 'Bachelor' franchise outright. ABC officially launched 'The Golden Bachelor,' a dating program for adults in their "golden years," on May 16. Variety asked Martha, if she'd be interested in joining. "If I get to see the men first," Martha said.

When asked if she would ever go on a reality program, the lifestyle expert replied, "I’m very busy. I have my beautiful cooking, entertaining, and gardening shows which I’m very interested in. So I don’t think I would do a reality dating show. They did ask me to ‘Dancing With the Stars,’ but I didn’t have time to go out to California. That would have been fun."

She also stated that she is "not interested anymore" in dating and indicated a wish to feature in more films. "I’d like to be in a movie sometime. I’ve had little parts in movies like ‘Bad Moms’. Silly movies. But I’d really like to do something more in a movie," she stated.

She's also not ruling out a role in a Marvel action film, calling the prospect "great." And what is her superhero name? She aspires to be renowned as the "Queen of the Universe."

When will 'The Golden Bachelor' release?

After years of teasing, ABC has finally given the green light to its long-awaited senior citizen edition of 'The Bachelor'. This autumn, one lucky older guy will embark on a quest to find love, reversing the paradigm of 'The Bachelor' series, which has starred 20-something and barely 30-something individuals for more than two decades. The lead guy in 'The Golden Bachelor' has yet to be revealed, and his female suitors will be revealed at a later date.

According to ABC, the new series will include a "whole new kind of love story — one for the golden years." For years, executives at 'The Bachelor' have been excited about the prospect of a senior citizen 'Bachelor' season, but the show has been put on hold. The writers' strike appears to have pushed ABC over the brink, as the network is now largely relying on unscripted content, with reality series strengthening its fall 2023 lineup.

For years, casting calls for a senior citizen 'Bachelor' have aired throughout 'The Bachelor' franchise events, leaving viewers wondering when — or if — the show will ever premiere. The show was being considered for 2020, but when the epidemic halted production, plans were stymied.

'The Golden Bachelor,' which premieres this autumn on Mondays at 10 pm, is produced by Warner Bros Unscripted Television in collaboration with Warner Horizon.