Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Sue them big!' Internet joins Fox News' Jesse Watters in condemning media for 'destroying' young Chiefs fan's life

2023-11-29 16:18
This comes after sports outlet Deadspin accused a young Kansas City Chiefs fan of wearing blackface despite photos showing him sporting team colors
'Sue them big!' Internet joins Fox News' Jesse Watters in condemning media for 'destroying' young Chiefs fan's life

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: In a segment on 'Jesse Watters Primetime', Fox News anchor Jesse Watters discussed the media's scrutiny of a young Kansas City Chiefs fan accused of wearing "racist blackface" despite photos showing him sporting team colors across his entire face as well as a Native American headdress.

Sports outlet Deadspin's reporter Carron J Phillips accused the young Kansas City Chiefs fan of wearing blackface, and this uproar started when a photographer of the young fan, taken in profile, showed his face painted black during the game, as per Daily Mail.

In response, Watters took to X (formerly Twitter) to share his perspective with his 2.5 million followers. The internet responded vehemently, with numerous X users criticizing Carron for his stance.

Jesse Watters report on young Kansas Chiefs fan being accused of wearing ‘blackface’

Fox News anchor Jesse Watters took to X and wrote, “A grown man just slandered a little boy because he dressed up as his team's mascot at a football game. This male Karen has a history of always looking for the worst in white people. In today's America, little boys can dress up as vikings, pirates, cowboys, cowgirls, leprechauns- but this is where the left draws the line?”

Watters’ tweet featured a video where he kicked off his segment adding, “From soccer to hockey to football, face paint's a part of fan culture. Sometimes you see guys paint their whole bodies. This is a family show. We're not going to show that. But the more die-hard the fan base, the more exuberant the look.”

He then went on to talk about the Kansas City Chiefs game, “The Kansas City Chiefs have a rich history of fanatical Sunday displays. In the 60s, Chiefs games kicked off with an American riding in on horseback. The horse's name – Warpaint. Then they cancel the American Indians riding it on warpaint. And now a blond woman rides in on it.”

He added, “And then they canceled Warpaint the horse. And they just have a big drum they bang. But they'll always have the tomahawk chants. Whose decibel records? Insane. You can hear it from five miles away. Fans at Arrowhead Stadium show up in full Chiefs regalia, face paint, headdresses. They're not showing disrespect.”

Watters further continued sharing the story of the young Chiefs fan explaining, “They're showing allegiance. But this weekend, a young fan went to a Chiefs-Raiders game in Vegas with face paint and a headdress. And the media tried to destroy his life.”

He said, “Now, I know you're looking at this. You're like, what's the big deal? It's Thanksgiving weekend. He's got a headdress on. I mean, should he have worn a pilgrim hat instead? Of course not. He's a Chiefs fan. He loves the Chiefs.”

He further said, “He doesn't hate anyone. But the media only showed this picture from the side. The side with the blackface paint. The media published his profile to make the young boy look like a racist.”

He concluded, “Like a young boy decided to wear blackface in Vegas in front of 60,000 fans at a nationally televised game.”

Internet fumes after Jesse Watters reports on Chiefs' fan being slandered

After Jesse Watters shared his take on a young Chiefs fan being accused of wearing ‘blackface’, many X users went furious as one person wrote, “Very well said Jesse. It's time we call out these people who want to create problems and division. They do it for their own self interest and self promotion. They do not care who they hurt in the process. I hope the parents sue, and sue big.”

Another added, “OMGoodness! I hope these people realize how big the mistake they made really is. They better apologize publicly to the boy and his parents and pray they don't slap a lawsuit on their forehead first then follow-up with their employers. What is wrong with people these days!?!?!?”

An X user simply said about Carron who slandered the child, “I hope they sue the s**t out of him.”

One more user thanked Watters saying, “Thank you Jesse for highlighting this!! It was great where you showed pictures of other fans dressed up similarly!!! Where are the Chiefs? Mahomes, etc!!”

Another said, “Best show tonite…I don’t kno how I’d react if my little boy was singled out like that. SHAME on Karen!!!”

One more said, “The left does not understand that you can not change human nature. We all grew up under a different set of rules. And we are not changing.”