Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'What exactly does Kayla Nicole do?' Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce fans rush to singer's defense after trolls strike

2023-09-25 17:45
'Taylor is worth 25x what Travis is and 700x what Kayla is. Calm down,' a fan wrote about Travis Kelce dating Taylor Swift after Kayla Nicole
'What exactly does Kayla Nicole do?' Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce fans rush to singer's defense after trolls strike

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's fans rushed to defend the former after supporters of Kelce's ex-girlfriend Kayla Nicole trolled Swift and the football tight end following their recent dating rumors.

"To go from Kayla Nicole to Taylor Swift has to be the biggest downgrade I’ve witnessed! Yikes!" @AmtDetailing tweeted after Swift attended the Kansas City Chiefs' game against the Chicago Bears at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, September 24, further intensifying the romance rumors with Kelce.

While several of Nicole's fans flocked together to claim that Kelce dating Swift was a "downgrade," the 'Midnights' creator's large fanbase, known as 'Swifties,' were also quick to defend the pop star by stating Kelce's move was an "upgrade" instead.

Taylor Swift fans defend pop star as Kayla Nicole's supporters troll her over Travis Kelce dating rumors

As Nicole's fans mocked Swift over her recent dating rumors with Kelce, admirers of the beloved pop star were quick to come to her defense.

"The fact yall basing it off looks is crazy to me. It was a MAJOR upgrade Taylor Swift has Grammys what does the other girl do exactly??" one fan asked.

"Taylor got a bigger bag. Def an upgrade," one stated. "Honey. Taylor is worth 25x what Travis is and 700x what Kayla is. Calm down," another said.

"Taylor worth 3/4 of a billion dollars….idk what kinda downgrade you think this is," one user mentioned.

"Bro some people want a partner and not a bill," a fifth commented.

One pointed out, "12x grammy award winner , world renowned musician , worth $300+ etc ….cmon na" while another stated, "Taylor is worth way more."

One asked, "Does Kayla have 740 million dollars? That's an upgrade brother."

While another wrote, "One is posing in a parking garage and the other is posing on the red carpet. When Travis Kelce breaks her heart he'll be forever immortalized in a platinum breakup song, plus he'll never have to pay child support if they get that far."

One fan tweeted, "Downgrade? Because he went from dating an unknown woman to a global mega superstar....."

Before another mentioned, "She got her own bag,she’s built to date on a high level,and she’s not requirement driven like Kayla was… it’s a win in my eyes."

A timeline of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's dating rumors

Swift's name was first mentioned in connection to Kelce back in July when the latter revealed he attempted to give Swift a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it while she was in Kansas City for the Eras tour.

"So, I was a little butthurt that I didn't get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her," Kelce said during an episode of the 'New Heights' podcast with his brother, Jason.

"She doesn't meet anybody — or at least she didn't want to meet me. So, I took it personal," the Chiefs tight end said at the time.

Back then Jason joked that Swift refused to meet with Travis due to her love for the former's team Philadelphia Eagles, who are mentioned in the line "Eagles t-shirt hanging from the door" in Swift's song 'Gold Rush' from 'Evermore'.

"Well, she probably just hasn't gotten over the Super Bowl yet. She's a big Eagles fan, so maybe she just made something up and just didn't wanna talk to you," Jason said at the time.

Nearly two months later, Swift and Kelce sparked dating rumors earlier in September after a source told The Messenger that the duo were "quietly hanging out."

"Taylor and Travis have been quietly hanging out. She saw him when she was in NYC a few weeks ago," an insider told the publication.

On September 18, Rich Eisen made several Swift-related references during 'NFL GameDay Morning'.

"Even though that bone bruise and the injury one would think is delicate, he's been able to shake it off," Eisen said while speaking about Kelce.

"Look what you made me do @killatrav," Eisen wrote while sharing the clip on Instagram, to which Kelce replied, "Well played Rich…. Well played."

Meanwhile, another source spoke to The Messenger and said that Swift was "having fun" while spending time together with Kelce.

"She and Travis have hung out twice, and it's nothing serious. She thinks he is very charming, and they have been texting this last week," the insider said.

"He is a little embarrassed at how much attention they are getting, but he has told her he would love to continue seeing her," they added.

Kelce's brother, Jason, also addressed the rumors during an appearance on the 'WIP Morning Show.'

"I think things are going great and I think it's 100 percent true," the Philadelphia Eagles center mentioned before clarifying, "No I’m joking. I don’t even know what’s happening."

On September 21, Kelce himself acknowledged the speculation during an appearance on 'The Pat McAfee Show.'

"It's hilarious how much traction this has actually got," Kelce said.

"I think right now it's like that old game in school called Telephone, where everyone is just whispering in each other's ears and hearing some random stuff... no one actually knows what's going on," he stated.

Kelce even asked viewers to "please stop asking my brother about my love life," before shrugging off the recent attention saying, "It's life, baby."

Taylor Swift joined Travis Kelce's mother to support Kansas City Chiefs' game

Following days of speculation, the rumors surrounding Swift and Kelce's alleged romance further intensified after the pop star arrived at the Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, September 24, to support Chiefs' in their game against the Bears.

The 'Anti-Hero' hitmaker was in high spirits as she was spotted beside Kelce's mother, Donna, laughing and cheering for the Chiefs' tight end from Kelce's suit.

The official NFL account also posted a clip on X, formerly Twitter, showing Swift opening her mouth wide, seemingly in response to a comment made by Donna, before touching the latter's shoulder.

Swift and Kelce also sent fans into a frenzy after they left the stadium together following the Chiefs vs. Bears game.

Jarrett Payton, son of NFL legend Walter Payton, shared a video of the rumored couple, with a caption that read, "Talk about being at the right place at the right time! Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce leaving Arrowhead together after the game."

Tags news