Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Hailey Bieber blasts 'made-up' feud with Selena Gomez, says 'twisted narrative' can be 'really dangerous'

2023-07-01 06:45
Hailey Bieber says she is not okay with the kind of division the 'made-up' feud has caused
Hailey Bieber blasts 'made-up' feud with Selena Gomez, says 'twisted narrative' can be 'really dangerous'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Hailey Bieber opened up on being pitted against Selena Gomez calling it a "twisted feud" and believes the narrative can be "really dangerous." The Rhode skincare brand founder addressed the rumored feud between her and the singer-actress during her appearance on Bloomberg's original series 'The Circuit With Emily Chang'.

"I don't think that this is about me, Hailey Bieber, and Selena Gomez. This is not about this pitting between two women and division between two women. It's about the vile, disgusting hatred that can come from completely made-up and twisted and perpetuated narratives. That can be really dangerous," the 26-year-old said.

'I want to be able to bring people together'

Talking about not being okay with the kind of division the "made-up" feud has caused, Bieber said, "I think that it's an opportunity to really stand for bringing people together and not being OK with the kind of division that it caused because I'm not OK with the kind of division that it caused. I don't like this whole idea of team this person and team that person -- I'm just not about that."

"I want to be able to bring people together. And I think that was a really important moment for people to see that you can do that and you can bring people together and it doesn't have to be about this divisive nature," she continued, according to ET.

Hailey previously asked fans to stop the hate on social media

The model who is married to Justin Bieber took to Instagram recently to ask her fans to stop leaving "nasty" comments on Gomez's social media post.

"If you're leaving mean or rude comments on my behalf on anyone's posts just know that I don't want that, nor do I ever or will ever support or condone hateful, mean or nasty comments," Bieber wrote and added, "Doing that is not supporting me ... if you are participating in that you are part of a culture that I want no part of."

In March, Gomez also told her millions of social media followers to stop the hate toward the model. "Hailey Bieber reached out to me and let me know that she has been receiving death threats and such hateful negatively," the 'Only Murders in the Building' star wrote in a message on her Instagram Story.

"This isn't what I stand for. No one should have to experience hate or bullying. I've always advocated for kindness and really want this all to stop," Gomez stated.

Tags news epcelebs