Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Alec Baldwin remembers late mom Carol a year after death, says 'we continue the work to honor her legacy'

2023-05-28 04:29
'She spent the last 25 years of her life as a fighter and a champion for the cause to which she devoted so much energy', said Alec Baldwin
Alec Baldwin remembers late mom Carol a year after death, says 'we continue the work to honor her legacy'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Alec Baldwin remembered his mother Carol Baldwin a year after her death at the age of 92. On Friday, May 26, he shared an Instagram post expressing how much he missed his mother and how his family would continue to work to honor the legacy she has left behind.

Featuring a picture of Carol, the 'Rust' actor wrote, "Hard to believe it’s been one year since the matriarch of the Baldwin family passed. Many days it still can take our breath away, we miss her, but we continue the work to honor her legacy."

READ MORE

'He shot and killed someone': Internet furious after Alec Baldwin's lawyer says 'we will win'

Alec Baldwin moans he didn't 'want to be a public person' after tragic 'Rust' shooting incident

Who was Carol Baldwin?

Talking about his mother while announcing her death in 2022, Baldwin said that she "raised her children and, when her last was a teenager, went to work in marketing research for a firm called Quick Test, operating out of a local shopping mall. In 1991, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After she survived, she joined with a group of Long Island-wide breast cancer support groups to launch an effort with SUNY Stony Brook."

At the time, she then partnered with Shirley Strum Kenny, the school's president in launching the Carol M Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund. "The combined efforts have raised millions of dollars for the cause," Baldwin wrote.

Including Alec and his siblings Jane, Elizabeth, Stephen, William, and Daniel, she had six children. Carol also had 25 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. "My mother taught me about second acts. And the third one too. She spent the last 25 years of her life as a fighter and a champion for the cause to which she devoted so much energy. We are all enormously proud of her accomplishments," the 'Beetlejuice' actor wrote in a statement last year, according to People.

Baldwin family's nonprofit group

Inviting his fans to learn and share more about his family's nonprofit group 'The Baldwin Fund Carol's Cardinals', Baldwin wrote, "We are inviting you to join us. Learn how YOU can help us carry on the mission she started, to love others, show compassion, and find a cure. Read the story of Carol's Cardinals today, and help us share it."

"My mother taught me about second acts. And third ones, too. She spent the last 25 years of her life as a fighter and a champion for the cause to which she devoted her life. We are all enormously proud of her accomplishments," read his statement included in the heartfelt social media post.

Two years after the tragic death of 'Rust' cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, Baldwin has completed the film's shooting this week.

Tags news