Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Bam Margera placed on psychiatric hold after he went missing again after 'emotional disturbance'

2023-06-06 02:51
Margera was acting erratically when he was located by the police
Bam Margera placed on psychiatric hold after he went missing again after 'emotional disturbance'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bam Margera who had a public breakdown in Los Angeles has been placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold. He went missing after he acted erratically in Los Angeles amid his fight for custody of his son, Phoenix. Cops found the former 'Jackass' star at Trejo's Tacos on Sunday, June 4.

When he was located by police, the 43-year-old was slurring his speech and behaved erratically. He made public suicide threats and was eventually placed on a 5150 psychiatric hold after his behavior appeared to be concerning. However, it remains unclear if he is still in the mental health facility. By law, he can be held in the rehabilitation facility for up to 72 hours before his release, according to Page Six.

'He loves Phoenix and he is at peace'

On Sunday, the 'Viva La Bam' star's brother Jess Margera took to Twitter to plead for help finding him and tweeted again by night after Bam was found. "They found him safe, he texted me and my parents at 6 am this morning saying he loves us he loves Phoenix and he is at peace,’ and that he took enough pills to stop his heart. And some really heartbreaking dark s**t. Thanks to everyone who shared info today," Jess tweeted.

Margera threatened to 'smoke crack' until his death

In a now-deleted rant on social media, the 'Bam’s Unholy Union' alum threatened to 'smoke crack' until his death unless he will be able to see his son. He shares the 5-year-old boy with his estranged wife Nicole Boyd, 39. "I haven’t seen Phoenix in two f*****g months. I have to wake up every day, knowing that I probably won’t get to talk to him or see him," he wrote.

After Margera left rehab several times, Boyd filed for legal separation from him in February 2023. In March 2023, the pro skateboarder was taken into custody for domestic violence after he was accused of kicking his girlfriend. At a Los Angeles restaurant, he was taken into custody again for public intoxication.

Margera's previous disappearance

The troubled reality star has been battling addiction since 2009 and has been taken into rehab several times. Over three times, Margera broke out of a court-mandated recovery facility in Pennsylvania and a search for him was launched. He fled the scene of a confrontation with Jess outside his million-dollar Pocopson Township castle and later turned himself into the police.