Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is John Bennett Perry? 'Friends' star Matthew Perry shares heartwarming photo with father

2023-10-17 20:50
Matthew Perry, who recently made a comeback on Instagram, posted a picture of him and his father where both had endearing smiles
Who is John Bennett Perry? 'Friends' star Matthew Perry shares heartwarming photo with father

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Matthew Perry recently took to Instagram to share a heartwarming photo of him with his father, John Bennett Perry, showing off their uncanny resemblance.

The actor posted the rare photo on October 15 with the caption, "Here is me, and my father John, both holding a beverage."

He is seen standing arm-in-arm with his father as both show endearing smiles.

They stood near a pool table, and behind them was a purple bed and a sign that read, "I forget what I forgot."

Who is Matthew Perry's father?

John Bennett Perry, 82, is also an actor who began his career by appearing in Broadway productions.

Over the years, he has been in numerous commercials, especially gaining recognition as the clean-shaven 'Old Spice' sailor in the 1970s.

John has also worked in several films, including 'Independence Day' and 'George of the Jungle'. Moreover, the father and son starred together in the 1997 romantic comedy 'Fools Rush In'.

As many fans of 'Friends' will know, John made an appearance on the Season 4 episode, 'The One with Rachel's New Dress', where he played the father of Joshua, whom Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) was dating.

Matthew Perry feels ready to accept love

Unlike his 'Friends' character, Chandler Bing, Matthew Perry, in real life, was unsuccessful in romantic relationships.

In October 2022, while speaking about his memoir 'Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing', Matthew told PEOPLE Magazine that he was previously afraid of romantic relationships but is now ready to handle them.

"I'm not run by the fear I used to be run by so everything's kind of different," said Matthew, adding, "I'm feeling more confident and I'm not afraid of love anymore, so the next girl I go out with better watch out."

The 'Friends' star also looks forward to becoming a husband and a father.

When asked about fatherhood, Mattew stated, "I think I'd be great. I really do. I grew up with a lot of little kids around me, and that's probably why, but I can't wait," as per PEOPLE Magazine.

After being inactive on Instagram for months, the actor is back on the scene, posting two back-to-back pictures within a week, so fans can expect to see more heartening pictures.

Tags news