Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Whoopi said something about the glasses’: ‘The View’ star Joy Behar recalls co-host's bizarre off-air request to fan

2023-11-11 11:52
She disclosed that Goldberg had managed to persuade a fan to gift her a pair of glasses
'Whoopi said something about the glasses’: ‘The View’ star Joy Behar recalls co-host's bizarre off-air request to fan

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘The View’ star Joy Behar recently recalled a peculiar incident on the show’s podcast in relation to her co-star Whoopi Goldberg.

She detailed the interaction between Goldberg and fans in the audience when the show was on a commercial break.

Behar joined producer Brian Teta for another episode of 'The View: Behind the Table,' where they discussed the events that transpired on the show throughout the week.

In the course of their conversation, she disclosed that Goldberg had managed to persuade a fan to gift her a pair of glasses, with the fan actually wearing them at that very moment.

Joy Behar narrates Whoopi Goldberg’s unusual interaction with a fan on ‘The View’

The talk show host recalled the shocking interaction on Wednesday's installment of ‘The View: Behind the Table.’

Teta urged Behar to share the details of the unexpected encounter she and Goldberg had with a fan during the show's commercial break.

Behar recounted the incident, stating, "There was a woman in the audience that was wearing glasses that fit one of my characters in my plays, so Whoopi said something about the glasses."

Behar was referring to her five short plays titled "Bonkers in the Boroughs," which premiered at the New York Comedy Festival last week.

Behar continued, saying, "She says, 'Joy loves those glasses.' The woman took them off her head and gave them to me, which is such a sweet gesture, it really was."

Behar went on to reveal that she and her co-hosts expressed their gratitude by giving the woman and her companions signed mugs in return.

Joy Behar and Brian Teta discuss Whoopi Goldberg’s dating rumors on ‘The View’ podcast

In a recent podcast episode, Behar and Teta dropped hints suggesting that Goldberg might be in line for her own series, delving into aspects of her personal life.

During their discussion about a past segment where they would "set staffers up on dates," Behar and Teta contemplated how they could reimagine it to involve the panelists.

"We don't have anybody, we could if we had a panelist," Behar suggested.

Teta liked the idea and said, “A panelist would be great.”

Behar then noted: "Whoopi's the only one [whose single]," to which Teta replied, "We haven't had a single panelist in a long time."

However, they both agreed that Goldberg wouldn't be interested in the concept.

"I mean, honestly, if she's gonna go on dates on television, I think she could get her own series for that," Teta joked.

Tags news