Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'DWTS' Season 32 Motown Night judges bashed for underscoring Charity Lawson despite her 'best' performance

2023-10-11 10:50
Artem Chigvintsev returns during 'DWTS' Season 32 Motown Night after recovering from Covid-19
'DWTS' Season 32 Motown Night judges bashed for underscoring Charity Lawson despite her 'best' performance

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 star Charity Lawson and her pro partner Artem Chigvintse delivered a stirring performance during Motown Night but did not receive the scores as expected. However, viewers who witnessed this, slammed the judges for not giving appropriate scores to Charity.

Charity and Artem performed Foxtrot on 'My Girl' by The Temptations. Bruno praised her performance and said, "You’re going for Gold. A Gold standard foxtrot. You made it look easy."

Carrie Ann complimented, "Effortless. Gliding. You were like a princess. Pizazz." Derek said, "Beautiful foxtrot…that was gorgeous."

Meanwhile, Michael dubbed the performance 'fluid' and 'soothing' adding, "You were meant to dance."

Although judges loved the performance, Charity received a total score of 32 out of 40 which made the second-highest score during Motown Night.

However, the 'DWTS' Season 32 viewers were quite upset with the score and tweeted, "Not one 9 for Charity so I have to shut all the lights down in the studio." Another person wrote, "WHAT is with these scores… Charity deserved at least a couple 9s…"

Another Twitter user noted, "Charity deserved 9’s. Best performance of the night. Also loved how her dad just had you hug her afterwards. So sweet." Another user said, "Honestly, I think Charity deserved one 9. I really loved that."

Another critic penned, "CHARITY DANCED THAT FOXTROT SO ELEGANTLY !!!!! TBH THIS DESERVED AT LEAST ONE 9 IF WE HAVE TO BE REAL!!!!" Another Reddit user suggested, "I feel like Charity should’ve gotten at least one 9."

Charity Lawson's partner Artem Chigvintsev returns during 'DWTS' Season 32 Motown Night

Charity Lawson's pro dance partner Artem Chigvintsev was out last week after testing positive for Covid-19. Now, Artem has recovered and taken on the ballroom again.

Prior to their performance, 'DWTS' shared a video of Charity to their Instagram Stories, where she told fans that Team Cha Cha Charity was reunited. "We are feeling so good," she said.

Artem confirmed, "We are feeling great," adding that he was so proud of Charity, 27, last week. Artem and Charity performed Foxtrot to a popular Motown song during the latest episode of 'DWTS'.

During Week 1, Charity and Artem received the highest score of the week and Charity called the entire experience a 'dream.'

As they prepared for Week 2, Charity's partner Artem tested positive for Covid-19 and wasn't able to dance with her for Latin night.

Charity Lawson teams up with Ezra Sosa during Latin night

Ezra Sosa joined Charity Lawson after her partner Artem Chigvintsev tested positive for Covid-19.

Charity said at the time, "Ezra is coming in with experience, so that’s great. The judges have really high expectations for me... I just hope I can do enough and be enough."

After Ezra and Charity performed their cha-cha, Judge Derek Hough told Charity she did an 'amazing job' after being thrown a 'curveball.'

However, Carrie Ann Inaba praised Charity for working so well with a new partner.

Charity responded to the judges, saying, "This just shows I can be thrown anything and I can overcome it."

Charity and Ezra received a score of 21/30, the second-highest score of the week.

New episodes of 'DWTS' Season 32 air every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on ABC and Disney+.