Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Lindsey Anderson Beer? Ex-Disney screenwriter suggests scrapping mother's death scene from 'Bambi' remake

2023-09-30 16:25
Lindsey Anderson Beer said, 'I think some kids, some parents these days are more sensitive about than they were in the past'
Who is Lindsey Anderson Beer? Ex-Disney screenwriter suggests scrapping mother's death scene from 'Bambi' remake

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Lindsey Anderson Beer, a former Disney screenwriter and director, has suggested reworking a crucial scene in the movie 'Bambi' for the remake, the one where Bambi's mother dies.

Beer pointed out that parents now tend to be more emotionally "sensitive" compared to past generations. In her efforts to modernize the beloved 1942 classic for today's audience, she emphasized the need to reconsider this pivotal moment in the story.

Lindsey Anderson Beer calls parents 'sensitive'

Beer is a writer, producer, director, and screenwriter known for the 'Pet Sematary: Bloodlines' (2023), 'Sierra Burgess Is a Loser' (2018), and 'Chaos Walking' (2021).

"Not to spoil the plot, but there’s a treatment of the mom dying that I think some kids, some parents these days are more sensitive about than they were in the past," Beer told Collider.

"And I think that’s one of the reasons that they haven’t shown it to their children. What’s interesting about Bambi to me is it absolutely is a classic and it’s a beautiful love poem, such artistry to it," she continued.

"I do think there's an entire generation of children who have never seen the original and that's very different from, say Little Mermaid or Aladdin or the 90's heyday films that they've definitely already seen."

"I can't tell you how many kids I've seen who've never seen Bambi, which is such a shame. The thing is, it is such a gorgeous film. It’s a little bit of a different tempo than I think modern audiences are used to."

Disney and Lindsey Anderson Beer slammed for 'woke' Bambi remake

Beer had to step away from the 'Bambi' project due to other commitments, including her directorial debut of 'Pet Sematary: Bloodlines'.

However, her suggestion to rework the death scene of Bambi's mother in the remake has sparked criticism on social media, with some accusing her of making the classic film "woke".

The Hollywood Outsider podcast wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, "That death is the most important part of the entire story. Do not soften this blow. Hard stop."

One person wrote, "I do not think they are going to show her getting killed at all from the sound of it."

"No More Deaths in Disney Movies, because the kids can't Handle it.. News-Flash Death Is A Part of Life. So kill Bambi's Mum - It's an important lesson. #Bambi," wrote another.

A third wrote, "Why the f**k do they want to modernise Bambi?! Screw Woke Disney." Another agreed, saying, "Smh woke Bambi."

A user mocked, "The bunny is going to be played by Awkwafina and do a rap battle." "Disney about to ruin another classic movie," added a sixth.

Someone else wrote, "The original has remained relevant to generations of kids for nearly a hundred years because it conveys emotions powerfully without talking down to them," before sarcastically adding, "But I can't WAIT for the powerful scene when Bambi and Thumper learn a TikTok dance!"

"I can't wait to see how Disney will also destroy Bambi," another user added.