Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Kenya Moore's net worth? Bravo slammed for overlooking 'RHOBH' star's hair salon launch

2023-08-28 12:57
'RHOA' Season 15 finale gave viewers a small update on Kenya Moore's new business, which she has been working on diligently
What is Kenya Moore's net worth? Bravo slammed for overlooking 'RHOBH' star's hair salon launch

ATLANTA, GEORGIA: Kenya Moore Hair Spa is one step closer to its grand launch. Kenya Moore has been hard at work on her new endeavor, and viewers got an intriguing update on the state of the business on Season 15, Episode 16 of 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta,' but regrettably not enough.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, Kenya's net worth in 2023 is expected to be between $800,000 and $1 million. She rose to prominence after winning Miss USA in 1993 and finishing in the top six of the Miss Universe competition the same year. She is most known for her role in the reality show 'RHOA'. Kenya debuted on the show in the fifth season of 2012.

Early Life

Kenya was born on January 24, 1971, in Detroit, Michigan. Patricia Moore and Ronald Grant, her parents, were only teens when she was born. Doris Grant, her father's grandmother, and her aunt raised her when her biological mother abandoned her when she was three days old. Kenya has never spoken to either her mother or father.

Kenya began modeling at the age of 15 and was the cover girl for the Chicago-based Johnson Publishing Company's Ebony Man magazine in January 1992. She also modeled for the cosmetic label Ebony Fashion Fair. Kenya attended Wayne State University after graduating from Cass Technical High School in 1989, where she majored in psychology and minored in communication. She began competing in beauty pageants in the early 1990s.

Filmography

Kenya went on to have a successful television career, appearing on series such as 'The Parent 'Hood,' 'The Steve Harvey Show,' 'Living Single,' 'Sparks,' 'Martin,' and 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,' among others. She has also appeared in a number of films, including '1995's Waiting to Exhale,' 'Cloud 9,' 'Deliver Us from Eva,' 'I Know Who Killed Me,' and many others. She portrayed Monique in 'Sharknado: The 4th Awakens' in 2016. In the 1990s, Kenya appeared in music videos for Jermaine Dupri, Shai, Nas, and Tupa.

Kenya announced her addition to the cast of 'RHOA' in May 2012. Kenya, in addition to her work on 'RHOA,' was also a participant in the 2015 season of 'Celebrity Apprentice,' where she continued to have issues, most notably with 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' cast member Brandi Glanville. Kenya has been on 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey,' 'Special Forces: World's Toughest Test,' 'The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip,' 'Dancing with the Stars,' and 'MTV Cribs,' among other shows.

Other business ventures

Kenya has been producing and directing since 2007, and she founded Moore Vision Media in 2008. So far, her firm has only produced one feature film, an erotic thriller named 'The Confidant' from 2010. Kenya is also listed as a producer/director on the film 'Trapped: Haitian Nights'. She also made an appearance in the film.

Kenya's book, 'Game, Get Some!' was released in 2007. In 2014, she also started a hair care product line. She also has a DVD exercise called 'Kenya Moore Booty Camp'.

Salary

Her income is estimated to be roughly $120,000 per episode as of July 2023, while her assets are estimated to be worth around $5 million. She also has roughly $100,000 in investments. It should be emphasized, however, that Kenya's financial status may have altered since these estimations were created, and there may be inconsistencies in the stated data.

Financial struggles

A few rumors have circulated about Kenya's financial position throughout the years. On 'RHOA,' the subject has been explored and even laughed about. Kenya's problems were highlighted in June 2013, when she was evicted from her $4000 per month house in Roswell, Georgia. Kenya appears to have missed rent payments for several months.

Fans slam Bravo to skip Kenya Moore’s Salon

Kenya was styling her daughter Brooklyn's hair in Moore Manor's gorgeous glam room during the season finale episode, which aired on August 27. Although Brooklyn was smiling as her mother fixed her hair, it appears she had some critical feedback to share.

At the end of the episode, it was revealed that "The Kenya Moore Hair Spa recently celebrated a soft opening," and a small glimpse inside the event, which included stunning drinks and jaw-dropping flower displays, was provided.

Fans took to X to slam the network, as they write, "Kenya deserved a better season than this. Her salon opening was luxe af and deserved to have been featured over the lackluster Martell and Sheree / Marlo and Scotley …. Bravo and Production, y’all need to fix this fr." Another person chimed in, "We don’t see any of Kenya’s journey with her hair spa, yet we get random filler scenes of Le’Archive aka Rent-A-Center that’s not really connecting with her storyline. I’m mad confused chile." A third person tweeted, "HOLD ON!! They edited out a whole fun event hosted by Kenya that included Claudia and Cynthia but we had to watch a whole scene of these two that was a terrible filler made up storyline?!!! Make it make sense!!"

One person further tweeted, "Not they showed us FIVE SECONDS of Kenya’s salon opening!! That’s a got damn insult!!" One also noted, "The footage of Kenya's Hair Spa launch, which featured all the Housewives (except for Marlo), was used as B-Footage." Another angry fan wrote, " I'm sincerely pissed that we see 3 seconds of Kenya's life but have to sit through Sanya's whole family story. I can't stand the producers this year. It's like they're trying to make RHOA look bad on purpose. FIRE the producer!"

When is Kenya Moore Hair Spa opening?

Kenya Moore Hair Spa will "opening Fall 2023," according to its Instagram bio. Kenya revealed a sneak peek of the salon's stylish foyer, featuring seating, décor, and lighting, on July 29.

Kenya Moore Hair Spa expressed why the company was so important to her in an Instagram post on June 12 on the Kenya Moore Hair Spa page. "I’ve always wanted to make people feel good about their hair. Hair is my passion!" she wrote. "I wanted this space years ago but the deal fell through and a year later it came back around! Now my dreams are coming to a reality."

"I truly want to make people feel good about the experience they had when visiting a hair salon," she went on, "which is why I wanted it to be [a] luxurious, safe place for you to relax and feel good and, of course, achieve your hair goals and look amazing."

Who is Kenya Moore?

Kenya Moore is a television personality, actress, and businesswoman from the United States. Kenya was the second Black lady to be crowned Miss USA in 1993. Soon after, she began her acting career, appearing in films such as 'Waiting to Exhale', 'Deliver Us From Eva', and 'I Know Who Killed Me'. Kenya is most recognized for her role as a cast member on Bravo's 'RHOA' since 2012. Kenya Moore Haircare, which she launched in 2015, is also run by her.

Season 15 'RHOA' reunion will premiere its first part on Sunday, September 3rd at 8 PM EST