Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Blake Shelton shares Gwen Stefani's concern about 'The Voice' not having him back after his departure

2023-05-17 01:57
'When I finally came to the conclusion she even said, 'Well, I guess they probably won't have me back ever again'', said Blake Shelton
Blake Shelton shares Gwen Stefani's concern about 'The Voice' not having him back after his departure

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: Blake Shelton is enjoying whatever time he’s left with on ‘The Voice’ show, but he’s equally excited to see his wife Gwen Stefani returning next season. Talking with People, the country singer addressed the new development, "Well, I'm happy. When I finally came to the conclusion that I was going to call it a day last year, you know, she even said, 'Well, I guess they probably won't have me back ever again.'"

The 46-year-old star continues, "And I go, 'What are you talking? They invited you to be a coach for seasons before you and I were ever thing.' And she goes, 'Oh, yeah, that's right. They did do that.' I go. 'Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're still going to want Gwen Stefani to be a coach.' Then sure enough, you know, she's already gonna be back and she was excited to get the call." Shelton didn’t shy away from praising Stefani, "But she's such a visionary, and that comes through with her artists. You can see these kids come on the show... by the end, they actually look like stars, and that's the Gwen Stefani effect." The 53-year-old will feature alongside coach Niall Horan Reba McEntire and John Legend, reports People.

READ MORE

'Adam Levine was worst': Fans mock Maroon 5 singer as he returns to 'The Voice' amid Blake Shelton's exit

'Greatest accomplishment': Blake Shelton hails Gwen Stefani as he celebrates Hollywood Walk of Fame star

'This is just icing on the cake'

The ‘Lonely Tonight’ singer was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, May 12, where he took a moment to acknowledge his spouse. "I kind of stopped checking things off my list of great accomplishments in my life when I married Gwen, so this is just icing on the cake," said Shelton during his acceptance speech, before adding "I love you so much, and that's the great thing that's happened along this journey."

'You are my dream come true'

Stefani returned the compliment by saying, "He's humble, he's genuine, and trust me, wherever we go everybody feels like they know Blake Shelton. She further added, "Blake, you are a rare human being. The reason Blake Shelton is here today on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is because you are part of the country dream, the Hollywood dream and you are part of the American Dream. And everybody knows you are my dream come true. I love you."